Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On page 9-15 of the 2006 Nissan Frontier owner's manual, there is a reference to "tie down hooks (if so equipped)" and a picture of the hooks. Does anyone know where I can find these hooks. I went to the dealership and they couldn't find any on their computer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tie down hooks

I have the utility trac but I also want to use the tie down hooks in the corners. There is a spot to srew in the hooks but I don't know where to buy the hooks.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Take a look at the middle picture in this link, part 93806M (rope hook assy) and 93800 (bolt).

935 Side Gate & Fitting :: Body(Back Door & Rear Body) :: Genuine Nissan Parts :: Frontier Parts (D40) 2005-2009 :: Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com

Even though I have the Utlitrack I went ahead and ordered a couple of these for down low by the tailgate, took the plugs out, and screwed them in. I seem to remember there was some problem with the bolts, but don't remember what the deal was (it might have been that the hooks came with bolts which I didn't expect, and they were a different size than the 93800 bolts in the picture which I also ordered - one or the other fit, but I don't remember which one).

·
Super Moderator
19,584 Posts
Take a look at the middle picture in this link, part 93806M (rope hook assy) and 93800 (bolt).

935 Side Gate & Fitting :: Body(Back Door & Rear Body) :: Genuine Nissan Parts :: Frontier Parts (D40) 2005-2009 :: Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com

Even though I have the Utlitrack I went ahead and ordered a couple of these for down low by the tailgate, took the plugs out, and screwed them in. I seem to remember there was some problem with the bolts, but don't remember what the deal was (it might have been that the hooks came with bolts which I didn't expect, and they were a different size than the 93800 bolts in the picture which I also ordered - one or the other fit, but I don't remember which one).

When I installed mine, I had to chase the threads with a tap so the bolts would screw in all the way. The bolts came with my tie down hooks.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
I agree about the Tap, its needed or else you can snap a bolt mid install. Bolts are also included with the hook so you don't have to order them seperate.

There is also a thread on here with PNs for this mod and what size tap to use. I'd highly suggest that you search for this thread and it will have all the answer you need.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I agree about the Tap, its needed or else you can snap a bolt mid install. Bolts are also included with the hook so you don't have to order them seperate.

There is also a thread on here with PNs for this mod and what size tap to use. I'd highly suggest that you search for this thread and it will have all the answer you need.
M8 (1.25mm pitch)
In case anyone is wondering about the tap size still...

·
Registered
3,032 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
For the Nissan Utili track system, check CCRSport.com. This is exactly what you need for secure tie downs. Heavy duty D type ring . Fits in the utili trak systems. A tad pricey, but excellent engineering and quality.

·
Premium Member
9,766 Posts
Just snug it down to moderately tight, you don't have to kill it and it won't loosen up.
Mine have been on going on six years and are still holding tight. They are used much more than my utilitrac hooks.

Clint

1 - 16 of 16 Posts