Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I never got around to taking any pictures of the install last year as I figured there are enough threads on the Thule Top Track. However, a few people have asked to see what the Thule "Aero" style cross bars look like on the truck. So, here they are:

I had to modify the underside of the cross bar to get the 54" wide model to work on the truck. I have had the square bar style in the past but they were noisy at highway speed. You can barely tell that there is a rack on the top until you hit 75-80 on the highway; and they are still only a low, wind sound (no whistle).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
159 Posts
How wide of a cross bar would you use or recommend? At most I would do a canoe or kayak or cargo box and 2 bikes.

I just rec'd the TP42's and will be installing this weekend.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How wide of a cross bar would you use or recommend? At most I would do a canoe or kayak or cargo box and 2 bikes.

I just rec'd the TP42's and will be installing this weekend.
If you going to consider hauling a canoe I would recommend the 53" set. This gives just enough space to tie down on either side of the hull of the canoe. Please note, as the first post says, I had to modify the "slot" in the base of the cross bar to get it to fit the track width. A narrower cross bar would likely eliminate this issue. I will snap some photos later this evening.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts