Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I did a little searching but didnt come up with much. I'm wondering if anyone here has mounted them like in the image below. Can you point me in the right direcetion on how to go about doing this? I want to use the carriers I have to transport my and my wife's mountian bike

·
Registered
549 Posts
Do you have a tonneau cover?
Does it need to be mounted on the bed rails?
Do you have utili-tracks?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do not have a tonneau cover. I have the foot packs that went on my old DD (Corolla). I have util-tracks. Trying to see if anyone knows what can be used with utiltracks to mount them or if anyone has built something custom to do this.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already have the bars and the bike carriers. I need to figure out how to mount the bars like in the picture above. if i had a hard single piece tonneau cover it'd be easy but I dont.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Hello,
I did a little searching but didnt come up with much. I'm wondering if anyone here has mounted them like in the image below. Can you point me in the right direcetion on how to go about doing this? I want to use the carriers I have to transport my and my wife's mountian bike

You have a few options:

*Add tracks & drill right into the bed rails themselves since you have the foot packs & carriers
*Can fab the bars using the bed cleats/utilitrack
*Can add fork mounts to utilitrack
*Can add a hitch mounted bike carrier
*Can look at CP-Racks

Here's a link for some ideas from a Titan forum - Plenty of Ford F150 forums have the same idea covered too if you want to poke around. I searched by truck bed rail bike racks.

I have the Roll N Lock Tonneau cover with Yakima tracks drilled right into the top plate as you described and your picture. The pics below are from when I first added them last May and have since trimmed the bars down closer to the foot pads. Pretty pleased with the set up.

I also have a tow hitch bike carrier I use for longer trips and added slim trailer led's for braking/directional to minimize getting rear ended!

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You have a few options:

*Add tracks & drill right into the bed rails themselves since you have the foot packs & carriers
*Can fab the bars using the bed cleats/utilitrack
*Can add fork mounts to utilitrack
*Can add a hitch mounted bike carrier
*Can look at CP-Racks

Here's a link for some ideas from a Titan forum - Plenty of Ford F150 forums have the same idea covered too if you want to poke around. I searched by truck bed rail bike racks.

I have the Roll N Lock Tonneau cover with Yakima tracks drilled right into the top plate as you described and your picture. The pics below are from when I first added them last May and have since trimmed the bars down closer to the foot pads. Pretty pleased with the set up.

I also have a tow hitch bike carrier I use for longer trips and added slim trailer led's for braking/directional to minimize getting rear ended!
This is exactly what I was looking for. I did not know tracks like this existed. Thank you sir!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread but I am looking at getting into getting a trifold tonneau cover and ah e seen this roll up. Design but not sure where to get it from?

QUOTE=16PRO4X;3104130]Hello,

[/QUOTE]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts