Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
So I have a 2011 Frontier Crew Cab 4x4 , no roof rack, no running boards, and no big front bumper in the front .. My truck is mostly a DD, with once and a while off roading, and I will be using it when the snow comes this winter !
Anyway I was looking at the Mini Lift kit its 2" front and 1.5" rear, my question is will this be a ideal lift for the use of my truck and to have a nice lift as my DD . Will I have any rubbing issues ? Also, curious if this affects your gas mileage ?
Just general questions and if any one has thoughts I will appreciate it .
Thanks .

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Lift kit won't cost you gas mileage, it is the tires that make the MPG drop. Replacing the stock tires (41lb/ea) with real tires in the same size (48ish lb/ea) is going to cost you in MPG. Going up a size to 285/75/16 will cost you a bit more too.

The mini lift kit should do you just fine.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Thank you for the reply, the tire situation I didn't know that !
Yep, it is the unsprung rotational mass that will cost you efficiency. Your truck has to work harder to move that additional 25% weight, get it going and get it stopped. That being said, I went 285/75/16 @ 35k, my OEM brakes still lasted to 85k and my MPG took a 1-1.5mpg hit.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, well if I get the lift and hook it up, think the stock tires will hold over for some time being ?

Also, ill look as well but is there a site for tire and wheel packages ?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discount Tire, one of the sponsors on this site, is a good one to look at for your truck. They seem to keep coming out with more wheels and tires that fit your style truck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
you should look into the alldayfab.com mini lift kit for the frontier it would save you a good amount of money and they have great review's... i have a 2'' spacer and a 1.5'' shackle on my 11' pro 4x and have had them on for about 2 mo now and no complaints. Just a thought.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, how hard was it to install ? I would like something not to hard lol but it all depends .

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I have adf 2" spacers on mine haven't had any coil bucket contact whatsoever, that could change as my struts wear out but so far hasn't been a problem. You will need to get camber bolts. As far as I know adf doesn't carry them. I got mine from prg.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Don't get new tires till you wear out your old ones. Tires and lift are not related. At least this way.

With a 2 inch lift you will not need bump stops or camber bolts. Might want the camber bolts for better adjustment of your camber as the stock spec is a very wide range (up to one degree postive), and not desireable.

I jsut took off my big bumps and went back to stock for a couple of hard wheeling trips no negative effect.

Do it!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Um, with my 2" lift I had CB contact immediately. I know how to drive to avoid it, but it is mosdef there.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will most likley for sure wear my new tires out when I lift, now how hard is it to adjust the camber and all ?
Your saying I might not need it at all tho ??

Thanks for everyone replys, would anyone happen to have pics they can post of there mini lifts ? also if you happen to have before and after shots ...

I am looking to get a kit this weekend and be lifting in about 2 weeks so all the help and details I can get would be very good to know!

Thanks !

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
It is best to have your camber and alignment done professionally. The guy I went to charged me 100.00 for installing camber bolts and the alignment.

before:

After:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea, its a nice small lift, thanks for the pics man !

Also, I have a buddy that works at pepboys and he said he can get me in cheap, so after I install I guess I will go up there and get a alignment ..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BUMP....

I have a question, does anyone think the lift is worth it, and can you actually notice its lifted that much ? Is it worth the money to put the mini lift on ... ?

Thanks ..

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just put the PRG mini lift on my truck last week. You will notice the difference the first time you get in and start to drive. I'll have to get photos of before and after uploaded soon. The lift was easy to install, the hardest part is breaking some of the bolts loose. I got the adjustable shackles for the rear and started at a 1" lift. Drove around for a few days and noticed the front was higher than the back. Changed to the 1-1/2" position and the truck sits level now. New tires are next. I'm trying to find out if I can put 285/75/16's on the OEM rims or if I need new rims. Then have to find out what I have to do to the wheel wells to make them fit so they don't rub. The pictures show the 2" spacers on the front and the 1" lift on the back. I'll have to take new pictures with the 1-1/2" on the rear tomorrow. Enjoy the lift.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you for your reply, I really would like to see pics .
I am going with the 2''front and 1.5''' rear, I hope it is a nice investment lol I will be taking before and afters as well ..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Forgot to mention that I didn't need the cam bolts, but the tech that did the alignment said that it was close.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts