Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 2006 frontier XE king cab with 60k miles for 10k. Would anyone recommend looking at toyota tacomas or other instead? Are these trucks problematic?:hi:

·
Registered
21 Posts
add about 8k to that price and that's where you'll start negotiations on a Taco. I just got a 2003 Frontier XE Crew Cab 6 cyl for 9500 OTD(8181 before TTTL and doc fee). It had just 44,900 miles on it and included a tonneau cover, tinted windows, bug deflector, and window vent shades.

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
A 2006 frontier XE king cab with 60k miles for 10k. Would anyone recommend looking at toyota tacomas or other instead? Are these trucks problematic?:hi:
Welcome to Club Frontier.

The XE's are the basic entry level Frontier, just for your information.
Then SE, LE and Nismo models in that order up the scale for reference.
$10,000 sounds reasonable for what you described.

I don't think you'll find a 2006 Tacoma for under probably $13-14k.

As far as problems with these trucks, this is an online forum where people come pretty often for help with little and bigger problems.
If you've been on here for any length of time you've heard all kinds of stories with people that have had issues, same as any other vehicle specific forum.

My experience with my truck has been good so far and I don't know why it wouldn't stay that way.
I would not hesitate to recommend a Frontier to anyone that wants a solid truck at a reasonable price.

My biggest complaint with my Frontier is that fit and finish could be better.
I had a 1st gen Tacoma and fit and finish on that spoiled me.
My Frontier has way more rattles, squeaks and interior cheaper plastics.
I'm kinda anal about that stuff, so perhaps things like that don't bother the average person as much as me.

Good luck with your decision.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts