Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a truck for very limited use (well under 1000 miles a year, maybe even under 500). I basically use the truck to run to the dump and pick up mulch or lumber. I'm looking at a 2004 XE V6 4x4 in good condition. New clutch and timing belt. Currently $2500. Here's the kicker: 360,000 miles. Am I nuts to be considering it?

·
Premium Member
6,083 Posts
IMHO & for your intended purposes, a domestic full size would provide a larger payload and bed size. Is 4x4 a must or a want?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a 93 Nissan hardbody rwd that was pretty much perfect for my needs but got flooded. Long story. I like a smaller truck; I'm not hauling large amounts. As for 4 wheel drive, it's almost necessary; I used to have an AWD. My current only vehicle is a 2wd that is great 90% of the time but I'd like the flexibility of 4wd as an occasional option. I sometimes have to get to work in poor driving conditions. Rarely but it happens and having the option would be cool.

Because of the very limited use, I'm trying to keep the price as low as possible but 360,000 miles does give me pause.

·
Premium Member
6,083 Posts
Ideally there are a lot of records w/ this truck? Definitely find out when timing belt was last changed/documented. Should be performed every 105k.
Assuming it drives well, a competent mechanic can look it over for $100-$150...removing tires/etc...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts