Nissan Frontier Forum banner

What country(other than the U.S.) would you love to live in?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been thinking the past few months and evaluating my my life...I've come to the conclusion that I'm meant to live somewhere else...and not just anywhere in north america but somewhere in the world....I've always pondered the idea of living in a foreign country and starting a new...and for my new years resolution, I've decided to save all my money and go for it...this idea officlally takes the cake of crazy for me since I'm leaving all known surroundings and going somewhere communication is almost certainly cut off for me if I dont learn the language...My first choice is Japan because I've always admired their culture....and I'm sure they will get a kick out of my truck( yes, I pplan on taking my truck with me...lol)...I feel a new found excitement since I've actually thought about doing this...all of a sudden, life is going to make sense...I'm the kind of person that always strives for change in life accordingly...I wanted to make this a poll because I wonder where you guys think would be a good place to live...i know its not going to be easy but I'm prepared for obstacles this time and plan doing this at the end of this year or next year....

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
damn dude, good for you. I would hate to live in japan

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn dude, good for you. I would hate to live in japan
why?.....lol...i'm 6'2...lol...if i want a mountain bike, i would have to bring one or pay something outragious for it there...and they have costco!!!!...lol

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
wow thats a pretty drastic change, wish u luck. If it were me id say australia ive always wanted to go there.

·
Registered
113 Posts
wow thats a pretty drastic change, wish u luck. If it were me id say australia ive always wanted to go there.
same here and there is more area to play with your truck there!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would say go for it, the only thing is look up the rules about car there casue i know its wicked expesive to drive there plus carbon laws and all that are nutz, and there fuel is different i they they get aot more additive in em.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Man I just met my fellow xe member man. But, I think if you feel you belong somewhere else you shouldn't wait any longer. Don't think of it as doing it to leave something behind though. Do it for you man if you want to see the world and experience new things then go for it. I wish you the best of luck man. If your going to leave though you have to got to let me know before you do man. How soon are you thinking? Oh yah, you can leave me your truck. I won't mind. Hahahahaha. Dang your cool. and so is your truck.

As for the poll I would like to go to germany since I have 3 years of german under my belt. As for moving to live somewhere I would definitely go to australia cause its legit. they got the navara

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
australia is second on my list but the reason why i love japan is the country....the cuisine...and of course, the women....as far as wheeling...i'll make some new stories there for ya and find the open spaces...even if i have to convert to 4x4..which i'm thinking regardless of where i go...

Man I just met my fellow xe member man. But, I think if you feel you belong somewhere else you shouldn't wait any longer. Don't think of it as doing it to leave something behind though. Do it for you man if you want to see the world and experience new things then go for it. I wish you the best of luck man. If your going to leave though you have to got to let me know before you do man. How soon are you thinking? Oh yah, you can leave me your truck. I won't mind. Hahahahaha. Dang your cool. and so is your truck.

As for the poll I would like to go to germany since I have 3 years of german under my belt. As for moving to live somewhere I would definitely go to australia cause its legit. they got the navara
probably in a year or so....of course i plan on meeting up with my so cal frontier buddies for one last hooooorah before i leave...

I would say go for it, the only thing is look up the rules about car there casue i know its wicked expesive to drive there plus carbon laws and all that are nutz, and there fuel is different i they they get aot more additive in em.
they follow the same emissions as europe i think... its going either way...lol...i drive it illegally here....:laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
cool dude. i hope all goes well. i bet it will be tough moving your truck and leaving everything here behind

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I voted Japan! I absolutely love the culture and would love to live there also. Only way that would happen is if I got a job at Nintendo

·
Registered
73 Posts
australia is second on my list but the reason why i love japan is the country....the cuisine...and of course, the women....as far as wheeling...i'll make some new stories there for ya and find the open spaces...even if i have to convert to 4x4..which i'm thinking regardless of where i go...

probably in a year or so....of course i plan on meeting up with my so cal frontier buddies for one last hooooorah before i leave...

they follow the same emissions as europe i think... its going either way...lol...i drive it illegally here....:laugh:
Nice lol hahaha but ya just ive heard the fuel is different the closest thing we have is shell premium. but im not 100% thats what i was told by from a skyline owner.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I voted Japan! I absolutely love the culture and would love to live there also. Only way that would happen is if I got a job at Nintendo
i'll probably just wrench out there...myabe bartend...

Nice lol hahaha but ya just ive heard the fuel is different the closest thing we have is shell premium. but im not 100% thats what i was told by from a skyline owner.
lol..it wouldnt be hard to mod the truck now...ive come this far

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i also want to get a used s15...i know it will take some time for that after i settle in but a right hand drive s15 would be so awesome....or an altezza...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Japan

I was stationed in Iwakuni, Japan 3 different times for a total of 10 years when I was an active duty Marine. I really enjoyed my time there because I could live and work in my American culture everyday, and become an instant tourist whenever I was off duty. I love the Japanese culture as well as some of the food (I'm not a big fan of a lot of seafood). I even learned to read, write and speak Japanese. I have also been chanting "Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo" as a practicing Nichiren Buddhist for the past 35 years!

Given all of that, I would caution you to do some serious research into living there as a foreigner, because you are in for some serious eye opening. For starters, you can't import your American Frontier to Japan without incurring tarriffs that would make it not worth your while (probably in the range of about $10,000) and that is not including shipping costs. The price of gas there is about DOUBLE what it is here. Japan is a group of islands, (4 major islands plus a few small ones), that jut up out of the sea. Only about 20% of the land is inhabitable and the amount of real estate available for vehicles, especially for recreation, is severely limited. Also, the Japanese government is not hospitable to foreigners deciding to immigrate to Japan.

There are TONS of things I would advise you to look into before you pursue this idea any further. My advice to you is to do some internet research about foreigners who go to Japan as English conversation teachers. That is probably the easiest way to get approval to even go there for a temporary visa to immerse yourself in that country.

I love Japan and the Japanese people, but I appreciate this country that many of us take for granted - it is the greatest place in the world to live, bar none!

I may be a bit biased as I did put my butt on the line to defend this country for 22 years in the US Marine Corps and I bleed red, white and blue!

Good luck with your ventures my friend!

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
15,489 Posts
I was stationed in Iwakuni, Japan 3 different times for a total of 10 years when I was an active duty Marine. I really enjoyed my time there because I could live and work in my American culture everyday, and become an instant tourist whenever I was off duty. I love the Japanese culture as well as some of the food (I'm not a big fan of a lot of seafood). I even learned to read, write and speak Japanese. I have also been chanting "Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo" as a practicing Nichiren Buddhist for the past 35 years!

Given all of that, I would caution you to do some serious research into living there as a foreigner, because you are in for some serious eye opening. For starters, you can't import your American Frontier to Japan without incurring tarriffs that would make it not worth your while (probably in the range of about $10,000) and that is not including shipping costs. The price of gas there is about DOUBLE what it is here. Japan is a group of islands, (4 major islands plus a few small ones), that jut up out of the sea. Only about 20% of the land is inhabitable and the amount of real estate available for vehicles, especially for recreation, is severely limited. Also, the Japanese government is not hospitable to foreigners deciding to immigrate to Japan.

There are TONS of things I would advise you to look into before you pursue this idea any further. My advice to you is to do some internet research about foreigners who go to Japan as English conversation teachers. That is probably the easiest way to get approval to even go there for a temporary visa to immerse yourself in that country.
well put. i was going to mention the truck costs, visa limitations, and the culture towards immigrants. if you do plan on living there - you better start learning their language a bit. even if you speak fluent, you will always be treated as an outsider there - just the way it is.

i voted for the UK. great place to visit and live. also, the republic of ireland used to be easy to get work visas for if you wanted to go for one year at a time.

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
I sure wouldn't move out of the U.S.

I've spent some serious time in many countries, and none can quite compare to the states. They were all great to visit, but not to live in. Just my opinion, to each his own. Good luck man.

Oh, x2 on checking laws for bringing your truck.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.