Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't really need hardcore off-road bumpers or anything. Just something that looks good and original to replace my already dented/scratched chrome OEM bumpers.

Anyways, if anyone can point me in the direction of some bumpers that are "lighter duty" that'd be awesome. I dive 50 miles in the big city per day so I'm not looking for hardcore heavy bumper that would further decrease fuel economy. Just something that looks good and functions.

I'm looking as well. Just thought I would ask here.

·
Premium Member
12,048 Posts
the calmini front bumper has been good to me. you cannot use the skid plate for anything more than sand or fluffy dirt.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the calmini front bumper has been good to me. you cannot use the skid plate for anything more than sand or fluffy dirt.
I saw that one. I'd like a little more "bumper" but that one does look fairly lightweight which is nice.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Are you planning to build it yourself (or a friend/local fab) or are you looking to buy? If you haven't seen his work, evolias has made some nice pieces and has sold his plans/prints to one or more folk in addition to building more than a few bumpers for forum members.
Yet-another-front-bumper-build
Yet-another-rear-bumper-build
Yet-another-rear-bumper-build-Tube-Bumper
And in another thread, someone mentioned this company... www.movebumpers.com/buy-diy-bumper-kits

If your pockets are deeper (and can wait), HeftyFab has an Aluminum bumper available...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you planning to build it yourself (or a friend/local fab) or are you looking to buy? If you haven't seen his work, evolias has made some nice pieces and has sold his plans/prints to one or more folk in addition to building more than a few bumpers for forum members.
Yet-another-front-bumper-build
Yet-another-rear-bumper-build
Yet-another-rear-bumper-build-Tube-Bumper
And in another thread, someone mentioned this company... www.movebumpers.com/buy-diy-bumper-kits

If your pockets are deeper (and can wait), HeftyFab has an Aluminum bumper available...
The one in that first link is fantastic. And I'll probably be building it myself. I have access to all the tools and a good friend who is a welder. I've actually taken a liking to the Calming style rear bumper.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I'm not looking for hardcore heavy bumper that would further decrease fuel economy.
As a very rough rule-of-thumb, every additional 100 pounds costs you around 0.1 MPG.

That ain't much.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As a very rough rule-of-thumb, every additional 100 pounds costs you around 0.1 MPG.

That ain't much.
Well them I am hurting my mpg by a 1/3 of a Gal XD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts