Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cuz i think it would be really handy. im getting that weapon r box and i think i can ram air into it with the snorkel. i will see once i get the box in tho. one of the reasons i dont go mudding as much as i want is cuz of my open K&N

·
Registered
318 Posts
If you care at all about resale value, don't?

It's your truck, do what you want, but, I imagine a snorkel would eliminate a number of resale options, as well as minimize trade in value. :)

You'd be better off fabricating an airbox around your K&N filter, or...replacing the K&N with a paper-element filter to be on the safe side.

IMO, of course! :)

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you care at all about resale value, don't?

It's your truck, do what you want, but, I imagine a snorkel would eliminate a number of resale options, as well as minimize trade in value. :)

You'd be better off fabricating an airbox around your K&N filter, or...replacing the K&N with a paper-element filter to be on the safe side.

IMO, of course! :)
first off im not getting rid of this pickup. i will run it till its dead. and **** trade in they dont give you **** anyway whatever filter it is synthetic-paper- w/e is still going to be open and exposed. it wont matter what filter i use. my original plan was to fab my own box but i seen that weapon r makes a box so i bought that.

·
Premium Member
12,118 Posts
my resale value has only gone up.

ill be doing a custom sealed box soon, with small snorkel. after the inner fender wells are back in it should be fine but still gets nasty close to mud and water that i dont want it close to.

·
Registered
885 Posts
What I'm in the process of doing to my hardbody is routing intake tubes from the airbox behind the fender (between the fender and the inner apron) up to the cowl. From there, I'll put a 90° in it, drill a 4" or w/e hole in the side of the cowl and bolt it together. This way, I get air from higher up instead of the wheel well. It's very inconspicuous, you wouldn't know it was there without taking the fender off. Rain/water shouldn't be a problem up there, there are already drains set up.... could add more too.

It's really easy on the HB, but I haven't looked if it can be done on either 1st or 2nd gen Fronty yet.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
if your worried about mud and water getting into your intake a snorkel alone will not solve the issue. you will still get mud and water all over your engine bay radiator and electronics. open elements are not all that bad you just need to run one of the protective covers over them. finally mud also kills diffs CVs and all sorts of other things, keep it on the rocks.

on what eglaisi said cowl intakes are getting more and more popular with crawlers and off roaders I've looking into doing it for my XJ as well it gets the intake out of the fender area/front of the rig to the fire wall area so much lower chance of water/mud splashing into it. if your dead set on doing an snorkel I would look into that as well.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
snorks for frontiers are made for the diesel navaras. you are going to need a custom box to use a snork. i still need to get mine made, i almost dipped my cone crossing some deep water the other day. i just about pissed myself.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
yeeeeeaaaaaa.... they don't even have a picture of it.

are you sure its not a generic peice of crap?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeeeeeaaaaaa.... they don't even have a picture of it.

are you sure its not a generic peice of crap?
well thats what my concern was also. i will find out next week when it shows up lol

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
oh crap. haha do post pics!

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
copy cat haha

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
copy cat haha
lolz i said im thinkin about it i gotta see what i can do with that box first tho. i may just route it in with the existing fender stuff from the stock induction

but yeah im not doing a lift and bigger tires or my bumpers yet so i need some little stuff to mod and keep me busy.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
318 Posts
first off im not getting rid of this pickup. i will run it till its dead. and **** trade in they dont give you **** anyway whatever filter it is synthetic-paper- w/e is still going to be open and exposed. it wont matter what filter i use. my original plan was to fab my own box but i seen that weapon r makes a box so i bought that.
I thought the same thing with my old truck, but, yet, I was offered more than I thought it was worth in trade-in, and I knew it had a lot of things that needed to be repaired, in addition to having felt the engine "age" quite a bit over the past 10-15K.

Now that i have my new truck, I again think that I will never get rid of it or trade it in, but, in 10-12 years, I probably will.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts