Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05' Pathfinder which I'm pretty sure shares a front end with the Frontier. I have been smelling coolant through the HVAC for some time, and after pressure testing the cooling system among other things, two visits to Nissan, and a visit to an indy mechanic, no one was convinced it was the heater core.

Well I had a breakthrough today. I was driving on the beach and went to check the air on my drivers side front tire, and there it was, that hot coolant smell, right by the tire. I popped the hood and sniffed around for a second and viola!!!. A coolant line off the radiator is leaking as shown in the pics. As far as smelling the coolant in the cabin, I'm speculating that since the leak is right by the airbox (even though the box draws air from the fender, remember I was down by the tire and smelled it), maybe the issue lies with this line. Based on the pics, can anyone tell me what I need to fix this, or what the approximate cost to have this repaired?

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
That looks like one of the AC lines and I think another member on here had a problem with his. Try PMing Ratsworld and ask him about it.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
As stated above, that looks like an AC line. I would look above it for your leak.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
am thinking that radiator mount is cracked and the coolant is running down onto the a/c line as that mount has bubbled all the paint around it

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just checked the rad mount and it looks dry. I think it's this line where the metal part of the line meets the metal block. I'm going to have it checked out.

Is it unreasonable to think that fixing this leak will stop the smell of coolant coming through the HVAC system?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts