Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day I was pulled over and got my first speeding ticket. Wow, I'm excited lol. 79 in a 55. I think I might be a bit screwed on this one. It's my own fault. So what can ya do?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
get a good attorney. i use Prepaid Legal ($9.95 per month). They got my wife out of 3 traffic tickets and used tactics that I would never have thought of. In one case, they had my wife file a subpoena for evidence from the police dept. Of course, the police dept never responded to the subpoena and the judge dismissed the ticket after my wife read a statement that the attorney prepared.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Make a copy of it along with a copy of your penis and send it to them covered in flour. When they call or come get you laugh at them and tell them they now have anthrax!!

·
Registered
602 Posts
ya think i got away the other day i was turning but right before that i was going about 48 in a 35 a state trooper passed and he turned his turn signal on right after i passed him i hauled *** down that road cut across a road then turned on another lucky i didnt turn down a dead end road

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
24 over. Hmm, that's going to be expensive, not to mention higher insurance premiums. In the words of Dr. Phil; "When you chose the behavior, you also chose the consequences." How's that working out for ya? :)

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
You did it so it's your own fault. Deal with it. They make little programs and what not to help you out with it. Pay the consequences. Good luck keeping you license btw though. :) Have fun.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Request traffic school. Even though they said it's more than 15 over...go to court and ask the judge...more than likely he will say yes.
Yep... Thats what I was going to say... 1st one is usually a freebie... Just have to take a class(costs between $20-75) Then its off your record..

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
80 in a 50 and still have my license, it is Florida thou, lol.

ticketclinic.com may be able to help but you may just want to go in a plead no-contest and pay the fine and be done with it. Yea it sucks but fighting doesn't really change the situation.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
go to court and they will ususally lower it down to either a lesser fine or a different infraction. Or so I've heard.........LOL Not a huge deal. Guess it depends on wher eyou live. I've had countless tickets over the years. They suck. Heck I had one that was 30 over before and it was 386.00 dollar fine, but I was able to drive away and kept my license. Of course that was CT and about 20 years ago.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha, all great ideas/advice. The cop did say like 3 times "you can plea not guilty and they might reduce it to a parking ticket." I think he was telling me to plea not guilty lol. So far most people say that's the best choice in my area. First offense, but 24 over kinda sucks. Once again, my own fault.

Oh, and if I plea guilty, probably like a $300 fine from what I've heard. Why not try to lower that? Especially when I'm unemployed, hahaha.

·
Registered
431 Posts
i got pulled over like 2 months ago coming back from camping and wheeling in nevada with the truck loaded down with gear and guns. like 6 cops all had their radar going as you come around the corner half way down a steep grade. i think every cop rolled some one. i new i was speeding but he told me he clocked me at 94 in a 65. I informed him that i had a back seat full of guns but that any left over ammo was all in the bed. he ran my stuff and came back with a ticket for 75. i think it was because i told him about the guns. he actually came back and thanked me after for telling him about them....... anyway go to court plead not guilty and see if the cop shows up. especially with all the cut backs and low staffing every where i doubt he'll show................ whats with the 666??

·
Registered
644 Posts
Should have been nicer to the officer! haha
No idea what the laws/courts are like in other states...Can you do traffic school in NY for the first speeding ticket so it doesn't affect your insurance?

I got pulled over twice in the same spot during my mustang-driving days...first time doing 70-72 in a 35mph, and then a second time doing 69mph in the exact same spot a few months later :mrgreen: ...My dumbass didn't learn the first time...Luckily it was a different cop and i didn't have to spend the night in jail with my car impounded... Both officers let me off because i was polite, and was out on a road through sand dunes with no cars present :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
i got clock once at 117 on a 55... the local police officer was nice enogh to give me just a warning if i let him see under my brother's SS hood... i was so scared i was 17 at the time and had just got one ticked for 82 on a 65 and i remember it was like 150+ ...i tought i was going to be washing the city hall windows for a while lol... thank god that cop loved camaros...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts