Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is taking a long time to warm up on these cold days and I am thinking of changing the thermostat. With 89K it's probably due.
Just changed the coolant fluid last summer.

I did a quick search and couldn't find any info.

Where is the radiator thermostat on the 6 cylinder engine?
Mine is a 2001.

Thanks for any help.....

·
Registered
306 Posts
I think all our trucks take a long time to warm up. I live in the Northeast and from a cold start it takes about 5 miles for the needle to move. My other cars warm up a lot quicker.

Maker sure your fan clutch is operating ok. I don't think a thermostat will help unless yours is stuck wide open.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jonbth:

Thanks for the info. Sounds like my thermostat is working just like yours, so it's normal.

One less thing to worry about.......

Cheers

·
Registered
313 Posts
Mine warms up to normal temp in about 3-5 miles but I am getting intermittent SES ligth saying thermostat is open.......

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Telemike

I would still like to know exactly where the thermostat is located if anyone knows....

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Follow the BOTTOM hose and you'll find the t-stat, at least on my '01sc.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
look down behind the belt pulley bracket its a pain to get to.
i just changed mine cause the housing cracked.
my truck will idle for ten min in 30 degree weather and will push luke warm air until i start driving it. even checked my coolant to make sure there was enough water its just the way they are.
sucks with a 7 min ride back and forth to work im cold alot.
i did notice a small wet spot on lower hose to heater core. when it gets alittle warmer im going to flush it in the truck and see if that helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts