Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past few months i have been pushing my Pro-4x Frontier more and more and i have been very surprised with what this truck does and the places it can go.

I have come to realise that if you have a Pro-4x and it has never been as dirty or dirtier than the picture below, you do not deserve to have a Pro4 or a 4x4.

I encourage everyone who has never taken their trucks off road to so, you will be very surprised!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
:goodjob:
A few weeks back I went out with the E-NH crew and 1) everyone was impressed that a stock truck was keeping up with all the modified jeeps 2)I was surprised how well it did when I just gave her the reins and let her do her thing. But it DID reinforce the value of under-armor and the need to get another inch of lift in the front (when measured, my 2" lift only gives me 1" over the stock measurements in hte FSM... guessing the coils are already sagging... excuse me, I mean settled in...)
Now I just need to get over my fear of deep water crossings...

·
Registered
2015 CC SL 4x4 - Lear Cap.
232 Posts
I'd leave the mud on it, looks cooler.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The roads are so crappy where I'm from, my truck looks like that 6 months of the year anyway. Have to cover up the dodgy paint job the factory put on my back bumper anyway.

Reactions: NYCe_Frontier

·
Registered
460 Posts
:goodjob:
A few weeks back I went out with the E-NH crew and 1) everyone was impressed that a stock truck was keeping up with all the modified jeeps 2)I was surprised how well it did when I just gave her the reins and let her do her thing. But it DID reinforce the value of under-armor and the need to get another inch of lift in the front (when measured, my 2" lift only gives me 1" over the stock measurements in hte FSM... guessing the coils are already sagging... excuse me, I mean settled in...)
Now I just need to get over my fear of deep water crossings...

Ive been out with the ENH crew a few times and get the same reactions. Back when i only had 31s and a 2 inch lift, it was hard to keep up with the 5" TJs haha. Different story now.

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Ive been out with the ENH crew a few times and get the same reactions. Back when i only had 31s and a 2 inch lift, it was hard to keep up with the 5" TJs haha. Different story now.
As long as you have skids& sliders you can get alot farther than people think ::wink:: With skid&slider & 32" 2"lift I made it up 1/3 - 1/2 the way up Ma Bell... I chickened out before the truck did. Had a wheel in the air and the ABLS did surprisingly well. Even the bypasses are difficult now with loose rocks the size of large pumpkins and 2 ft shelf.
I ran out of nerve when the bypasses didn't have space to turn around and some of the jeeps fell on their sides...

(an idea of Ma Bell)

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had a contractor that wouldn't drive up my driveway for concerns of his Range Rover getting scratched. :serious:

I'm pretty hard on most stuff, even my vehicles. Friends are like "Hey, that thing's brand new, why you wanna go & get it all dirty or possibly scratch/dent it?" My response is usually "If it can't put up with me I don't wanna own it."

BTW, this truck was never washed at all for the last 8 years I owned it... not once-

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts