Nissan Frontier Forum banner

261 - 273 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I ended up getting the Thorley Short header with an ebay 4-cat package. That should set me up for the front part.

It looks like the Thorley Cat-back is not in stock right now, so I'll wait.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I need some quick help. Looking like I have a clogged cat on my 2015 and I'm not able to drive it any distance.

For me, this is an opportunity to get full engine-back exhaust without my wife complaining, too much.

For simplicity, I'm guessing the Thorley LTH, Mid-pipes, and cat back exhaust are all I need to do a complete bolt-on exhaust, correct?

Here's the thing, while I don't have emissions in FL, I would still like to have cats. They clean the air, they quiet the sound, and they won't throw a CEL.

What are my options? Is there a bolt-in Mid pipe with cat that would fit perfectly between the LTH and Cat-back? Or should I just get the full Thorley package and have a shop weld in new cats?

Thanks.
I had bad cats in my mid pipes, so I bought a pair of DT B pipes(different name for mid pipes but it's the same thing). Then I purchased 2 magnaflows cats from Amazon and had them welded in. Also pick up some reflex gaskets. I'll find the number for the cats if you want to take a look.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Magnaflow 94605 universal for $76 each on Amazon.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks. For now, I decided I would keep the front part as close to the stock setup as possible, just better flowing. I bought the Thorley Short-Pipe Headers and an ebay Catalytic Converter set. I chose this set particularly because there was a lot of good feedback from other Frontier owners. Should be in this coming week.

Oh, do the Thorley headers come with front and rear gaskets or should I purchase a set?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks. For now, I decided I would keep the front part as close to the stock setup as possible, just better flowing. I bought the Thorley Short-Pipe Headers and an ebay Catalytic Converter set. I chose this set particularly because there was a lot of good feedback from other Frontier owners. Should be in this coming week.

Oh, do the Thorley headers come with front and rear gaskets or should I purchase a set?

View attachment 317305

View attachment 317306
You will have to purchase the gaskets separately.

·
Registered
171 Posts
What are your plans for the rest of the exhaust?

·
Registered
182 Posts
What are your plans for the rest of the exhaust?
I didn't find anything available many of the websites, it's possible the coronavirus has made a shortage.

I'm going to keep the cat-back stock, for now, and be sure that this solved my issues, after all, my truck is down right now. Ultimately, I'm going to look into a Thorley cat-back or do a custom exhaust with a Flowmaster 40 series. Those are my top sounding exhausts. I'm also hoping that by retaining all 4 cats I can keep the exhaust tone as mild as possible.

Honestly, the only reason I went out and bought headers is I'll be damned if I'm going to go through that much work removing rusty bolts and B-pipes and not replace the rusty stock headers, as well.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I didn't find anything available many of the websites, it's possible the coronavirus has made a shortage.

I'm going to keep the cat-back stock, for now, and be sure that this solved my issues, after all, my truck is down right now. Ultimately, I'm going to look into a Thorley cat-back or do a custom exhaust with a Flowmaster 40 series. Those are my top sounding exhausts. I'm also hoping that by retaining all 4 cats I can keep the exhaust tone as mild as possible.

Honestly, the only reason I went out and bought headers is I'll be damned if I'm going to go through that much work removing rusty bolts and B-pipes and not replace the rusty stock headers, as well.
Ninety-9, I'd recommend the FlowMaster 50 series if you're going the Flowmaster route. I have twin 40s on my Grand Prix and they're only 2 chamber, so they drone quite a bit.

·
Registered
171 Posts
these would've been considered shorties on older trucks lol. There is a guy on here that has high flow primaries and secondaries..and I believe a custom exhaust. Is it Rodney? Is he still around? Also you might want to get vibrant resonators.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ninety-9, I'd recommend the FlowMaster 50 series if you're going the Flowmaster route. I have twin 40s on my Grand Prix and they're only 2 chamber, so they drone quite a bit.
I'll check it out. How does the 40 and 50 series compare to the Thorley?

Also, this came in. Just waiting for the cats.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
261 - 273 of 273 Posts