Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i order them then saw the posts saying that they dont fit 1st gen. then searched more and didnt see one first gen with trailgears on. thinking, [email protected]#$ [email protected]#@!. came in today, took it to my buddy's buddy (who is actually really big at rock crawling, u can see a pic of his rig at rausch creek flyer for the aug 22nd competition) got them welded on and all is good. here are some pics. i still need to paint them.
P1010832.JPG

P1010833.JPG

P1010834.JPG

P1010835.JPG

so there is enough clearance for the tires.:noworries:

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
NICE! Looks like the perfect length. Almost protects every inch. Maybe an inch short on both ends?

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
looks great, mine came in the mail yesterday. I am gonna weld them up saturday at my work.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
wait... you welded em on not painted?

have fun painting em

they look a tib bit short but otherwise ok

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
wait... you welded em on not painted?

have fun painting em

they look a tib bit short but otherwise ok
how do they look short? They run almost to the tire.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
i would of gone another 3/4s of an inch on either side...

but thats just me

·
Registered
3,248 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
yeah, i moved em back so there closer to the rear tires and maybe a tid bit short up front

but its about where i want it for where my chopped fenders will come down

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
so how much more did you pay than he did for the extra 3/4" :nana:?
yeah really... 3/4" more slider is not gonna make the difference. And for the price of these sliders you can't beat it. You could barely buy the DOM tubing to fab these yourself for the price they sell them.

·
Premium Member
6,428 Posts
to the OP they look perfectly fine , although im not a fan of welding stuff on

ive had to take my sliders off a couple times to paint and do something else but i cant remember why

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
so how much more did you pay than he did for the extra 3/4" :nana:?
my bad for actually spending money on quality and supporting someone who creates nissan products

plus i have a kick out in the rear :nana:

btw, i dont know how they do it, i suspect its not DOM tubing, they say it is but that could me marketing, no one can really tell the difference between HREW and DOM, it takes a dammed trained eye

·
Premium Member
13,985 Posts
The main reason they are priced so low is because they are made for Toyotas - their aftermarket is so huge that to compete with any other fabricators and vendors out there they can have prices like that. When you sell them in bulk like they do that drops the price. When you get custom stuff from people who have their own thing going it's going to cost you more..end of story. Not to mention they don't come to you pre-welded or anything..less hours of work/labor which also cuts down on the price.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
my bad for actually spending money on quality and supporting someone who creates nissan products

plus i have a kick out in the rear :nana:

btw, i dont know how they do it, i suspect its not DOM tubing, they say it is but that could me marketing, no one can really tell the difference between HREW and DOM, it takes a dammed trained eye
I doubt its is not DOM tubing. As many sliders as this company sells it would only take one set to go out labeled as DOM tubing and be wrong and the company could be out of business. They could easily be slapped with false advertisement and a few other charges. I am gonna have the guy that work next to my shop look at mine and see what he thinks. The guy builds tube chassis cars from scratch so he should know. I was gonna have him fab me up a set but the cost was way too high (more then shrock)

They buy SOOOO much pipe that there prices are way lower. And like Sexychick said. The slider is the only part welded together. The legs jsut come notched and left long. The buyer has to cut them down to the correct length and weld them onto the slider. Then fab up there own mouting bracket.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
AHAH

i found out how they get away with it

ok, so they use DOM

but everyone loves the word DOM, i think it makes people feel safe, they see it and they buy it

but look at the digits before it, 1035, which is a mild carbon steel used in bolts

has higher bending strength but lower sheer strength and is more susceptible to cracking, actually a LOT more susceptible

they should use 1020 DOM tubing which yes has a lower bending force but will not crack due to its lower carbon count.. its also much more expensive and harder to produce

the difference is extremely marginal tho and can be argued either way with sheer strength and bending strength

id also like to add that they both have the same modulus of elasticity in sheer but different in tension and elongation

EDIT: for those of you who dont know what that means, its like the measure of stiffness or well the ratio within the limit of elasticity of the stress to corresponding strain.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
AHAH

i found out how they get away with it

ok, so they use DOM

but everyone loves the word DOM, i think it makes people feel safe, they see it and they buy it

but look at the digits before it, 1035, which is a mild carbon steel used in bolts

has higher bending strength but lower sheer strength and is more susceptible to cracking, actually a LOT more susceptible

they should use 1020 DOM tubing which yes has a lower bending force but will not crack due to its lower carbon count.. its also much more expensive and harder to produce

the difference is extremely marginal tho and can be argued either way with sheer strength and bending strength

id also like to add that they both have the same modulus of elasticity in sheer but different in tension and elongation

EDIT: for those of you who dont know what that means, its like the measure of stiffness or well the ratio within the limit of elasticity of the stress to corresponding strain.
feel better now?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
dude seriously?? they are $99. i think they are awesome sliders for that price. thats like 25% the price of shrock, with what i believe is comparable quality

1 - 20 of 52 Posts