Nissan Frontier Forum banner

The time has come for our Rear Bumpers

4K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  stagolee 
#1 ·
Was on the phone with shrockworks talkin about a order, and happened to ask about the rear bumper. Prototype is done, waiting for guy to come in this week to put it on and get pics up. He said hed put it up on the site and estimates about 4 months for delivery since its new. I almost ordered it right then but ill wait on the pics. 2nd gen rear bumpers now open for orders. Its game time.

#5 · (Edited)
i love the reasoning behind the 4 months, cause its new. how about the stuff you have been making for yrs?? why does that take 6-8 months to get?

#7 ·
why the angst? normal time is 3 months,

#8 ·
^pretty much..
Not many POS,WTF,GTH,SOB etc... threads about Shrock gear either.

#9 ·
for $689 it better put itself on the truck. :laugh:

#11 ·
Or be powder coated with a swing arm tire carrier!

#10 ·
i think im just going to custom fab up my own bumpers

#14 ·
Well considering the front bumper for the Gen 2 is $949, I guess this price is not too surprising. I assume it will look like the Gen1 rear bumper, once I see pix I'm sure I'll place an order. Been waiting more then 4 months already. ;(

#16 ·
my guess is this thing called CASH! They seem to make all of the products to-order. So their only outlay of cash (pre order) is steel. I'm sure it does not take 3-4 months to make the bumper, its more an issue of backlog and plant capacity.

They could make 10 of these and wait until someone buys them, but doing so would delay shipment of an actual customer order. If you had a choice between making something that someone has already comited to paying for (on shipment) or something you assume will eventually be sold, which would you build?

#18 ·
think about all the people that buy KMA or ARB simply because of the shrockworks wait time. Money aside, when I finally get around to buying a bumper, I don't want to pay for it and then wait 6 months to get it.

#20 ·
If I remember correctly they don't actually get your cash until the unit ships. So the trick is to buy it 6 months before you will have the money :)

#19 ·
no trying to poopoo these companies, but why do they think these bumpers are worth so much, and yes i know how much steel costs and what fab guys make

#22 ·
just ordered a rear differential cover last week for my Pro-4X!

does that mean i too am gonna wait 3 months for it ? = WTF :censor:

#23 ·
No id say less than a month. I bought sliders and they were done in two weeks.

#25 ·
Ever Think About Warehouse Space? He Doesnt Just Sell Nissan, But Yota, Jeep, Sami, Etc
Ive Been There Many Times And The Small Stuff Like Skids And Diff Covers That Stack On Top Of Each Other There Are Alot. So Once You Order They And Other Orders Generally Go To The Powder Coater To Be Done. That Way He Has Supply For People That Want To Finish Their Own And They Dont Get Damaged In Warehousing Sitting On A Shelf.
The Big Stuff Like Bumper Would Be Crazy Everywhere And Tripping All Over Them If Done So Many At A Time. They Have A Very Large Warehouse, But Come On The Thing Is Full And People Fab And Weld There Non Stop. What Do You Do When You Hire Som Many Extra People To Fill Orders Right Now Then Things Slow Down Alittle, Lay Em Off? Come On Owners Have A "responsibilty" To Their Employees And Customers. Its A Fine Line To Make All Happy And At Best A Compromise.
Theyre Great Products, Not Everyone Can Afford Or Want To Pay For Them. And Not Everyone Likes A Particular Style. But I Can Tell You My Front Bumper Has Hits Trees, Rocks, And Has Had A 10k Winch Break Itself On The Bumper When The Pull Solenoid Stuck And Broke The Winch Case But Not The Bumper. My Skids Are Totally Scarred Up...but They Still Bolt Right Up Where Theyre Supposed To..ive Been More Than Pleased With All My Shrock Equipment Out On The Trail Were The Posers Go Home Broke. No Theyre Not Cheap, But Neither Is The Stuff They Protect.....
Ok Im Done :)

#27 ·
They've posted a picture of their new rear bumper

Looks real clean, but I sure would like some backup lights

#29 ·
thats nice enough to not spend $600 more for an iron bull

#31 ·
you can always order anything from Shrock bare and mod yourself with light buckets, swingout tire carrier, side protection etc then powder coat. At least the hard job is done and you dont have to go to the steel yard to buy different sizes of steel in amounts you would never use again.
I just built a 12' steel swingout gate across my drive way on christmas to hide (from the HOA) my stuff. I spent over $600 in steel alone for the posts and frame. Then covered in cedar pickets which was not even but $200. so the whole thing cost me $800, 2 weekends and saved me $3200 from job quotes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.