Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left a voice mail with the GM of the dealership today, but havent heard anything yet.(figures) :( At this point I want an exchange at no cost, or very, very little. I have no desire to spend an extra 3k on the same thing.
Or I might move up to a Titan, It makes more sense to go to a Titan if I have to spend extra a month right ? (at another dealership by the way). Or go to another service dept. Or be a real pain in their butt about fixing it. All depends if I hear anything. Others on here have stated they, (being the service dept.) have no clue as to what it is, and want to wait and see what happens. This could very well be the case, or they may want to see if I take the other truck first before doing too much. mmmm... could be

·
Super Moderator
10,780 Posts
The Titan cost a bit more than your truck to start with. Couple this to going to a different dealer who won't do a low margin deal you'll get hammered on a new payment. Plus they would say hey buddy you have engine issues.
You need to find out when the GM is there and go see him in person as he will just avoid your calls if he knows it's going to end up as a confrontation.
My Titan was awesome for all three years but DRANK gas and was really too big. I traded to a Frontier by choice rather than a new Titan.

Clint

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Titan cost a bit more than your truck to start with. Couple this to going to a different dealer who won't do a low margin deal you'll get hammered on a new payment. Plus they would say hey buddy you have engine issues.
You need to find out when the GM is there and go see him in person as he will just avoid your calls if he knows it's going to end up as a confrontation.
My Titan was awesome for all three years but DRANK gas and was really too big. I traded to a Frontier by choice rather than a new Titan.

Clint
Well so far my truck loves the gas, can't be real sure but it can't be any more than 13 to 15 mpg, but when I first got it the first tank went pretty slow, so I was pleased, than that went out the window, could be my prob is related. I do like the Titan though, it really was a nice ride when I test drove it. However, I got an email from my salesman, late today ( I just read it) in which he said he had a better deal for me, and to give him a call, we'll see.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
well ...

With this issue I really think you need to follow the chain of command at Nissan. Basically if your not getting anything out of the Techs and the Service Manager at your local Nissan shop then you have to step up your game - Regional Manager and complaints to Nissan Corp.
Like other posters here , if I had an engine noise like that I would not be trading up for cash - I would be trading over for free.
I'd really like to know where you placed that microphone when you did the recording of your truck tho ... that would really give us a better idea of the problem.

d-mo

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
seriously, take the truck to another dealership and have them look at it. stop dicking around with the one your going to now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts