Nissan Frontier Forum banner

521 - 540 of 545 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #521
I sold off my OEM skid plates and my old wheels and tires to a new friend, so I've recouped at least half of what the "new" wheels and tires cost.

Speaking of new friends, member @HanCholo contacted me and included me in with a group of Local Nissan folks. We had a mall crawler meet the other day. I'm really not used to being around more than one other Nissan, so being able to talk specifics about trucks and not just general truckery was nice.

·
Premium Member
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #522
A few Minnesota winters finally did a number on my ham radio antenna cable...

Since I'm a smart (and handsome) dude, I already had a cable waiting for when the connector finally broke.

I just taped the broken end of the cable to my new one and used that to fish the cable back out of the back wall of the truck. No pics, I was working between my kid's nap and house repairs.

·
Premium Member
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #523
Speaking of kids...... baby #2 is on the way (late April / Early May) and my wife and I have pretty much decided we are going to be moving. So.... I've got some things to handle...

Insert "you can't haul anything with a 5 foot bed" comments here...

The trick is, buy a couple of 2x4's.....

So... with baby # 2 and a possible move, and winter coming up, not sure what if anything will happen with my truck.

Did I mention I've got some projects?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Look like a good time at the hang-out session and congrats on rugrat #deuce.
Mine are now 19 and 17 and one's in college so I'm happy to be near the end of my "tryin to raise 'em up right" tunnel and on to finding a nice twin-axle NOBO offroad travel trailer.

Reactions: The other Sean

·
Admin
3,312 Posts
Congrats on #2! Fantastic! Why moving, need more space or leaving town?

·
Premium Member
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #526
Congrats on #2! Fantastic! Why moving, need more space or leaving town?
Kind of both actually. I was born and raised in Minneapolis and have lived almost all of my 43 years here and am a proud south sider but, crime rates, the MPD and the out of control City council and inept Mayor is really making it hard to keep me here. **** has gone sideways since George Floyd was killed. My house is about 8 blocks from where it happened and just over a mile from Lake street where **** burned. Too close for a guy with a wife, a toddler and one on the way.

Our house is for now fine. It's a duplex with two bedrooms in each unit, my mother in law and brother in law live in the lower unit. The main issue is the house is 90 years old and is really taking lots of my time to maintain. It takes away time I want to spend with my kid(s). The kids can share a bedroom for a few years, but, those large lots and MUCH newer houses out in the burbs does look pretty nice. We bought our house in 2010, so we have some decent equity we could cash out on....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Kind of both actually. I was born and raised in Minneapolis and have lived almost all of my 43 years here and am a proud south sider but, crime rates, the MPD and the out of control City council and inept Mayor is really making it hard to keep me here. ** has gone sideways since George Floyd was killed. My house is about 8 blocks from where it happened and just over a mile from Lake street where ** burned. Too close for a guy with a wife, a toddler and one on the way.

Our house is for now fine. It's a duplex with two bedrooms in each unit, my mother in law and brother in law live in the lower unit. The main issue is the house is 90 years old and is really taking lots of my time to maintain. It takes away time I want to spend with my kid(s). The kids can share a bedroom for a few years, but, those large lots and MUCH newer houses out in the burbs does look pretty nice. We bought our house in 2010, so we have some decent equity we could cash out on....
Although I'm up in Canuckistan, I've been keeping an eye on what's going on in Minneapolis so I can totally understand wanting to get away from that hot mess. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that your family stays safe until you can get out.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Reactions: The other Sean

·
Premium Member
12,059 Posts
congrats on the baby!!!! stay at home orders really taking a toll lol.

i didnt know you knew how to do house work like that, you should plan a week long visit to my barn loloolololololol

·
Premium Member
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #535
congrats on the baby!!!! stay at home orders really taking a toll lol.

i didnt know you knew how to do house work like that, you should plan a week long visit to my barn loloolololololol
Thank you. Typical style for my wife and I. We always venture out during blizzards, severe weather with out really thinking about it. This one was actually planned, mostly, sort of. I'm getting old AF (43) and little dude is now 2, so, we figured now or not... I've got friends younger than me who are already grandparents, so...

Trust me, If I had the money to pay a guy to do all this work, I would...…. I'd rather be fishing/wheeling...…..

·
Admin
3,312 Posts
The kids can share a bedroom for a few years, but, those large lots and MUCH newer houses out in the burbs does look pretty nice. We bought our house in 2010, so we have some decent equity we could cash out on....
Good luck with the search. Hopefully all the the work you have put in will aid in selling if you so choose. As Andy says, I have some work for you here in PA as well, lol :). ...

That one pic earlier in this thread of you on the ladder working on the third floor.. oh hell no! My legs would be wobbling like a scared squirrel. Props and good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #537
Thank you.

The house down the block just sold in 6 days. It's the same exact house as ours (the entire side of this block are identical, save the gingerbread on the fronts, built in 1930-31), but is in worse shape, so we have a good idea what we should be able to get and it is where we want the price to be. Sure glad we bought in the middle of the recession. Oct 2010, so, we got in at a rock bottom price.

And yes, all this work, I'm tired of it.

House search is not going well, there are very few houses with Mother in law suites, most are piles of fuck. So we are also going to look in to building new or buying smaller with a better lot and adding a mother in law suite.

·
Premium Member
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #538
Apparently, a month has gone by...…

We found a house ( 52 years newer house, in the burbs, Cul-de-sac, .43 acre lot), Put mine on the market and accepted an offer. So... we should be settled in the new spot by Xmas if all goes according to plan. I'll end up with a better garage and a bigger driveway, so, all is good.

Following up on the "new" Ko2s, still mostly happy with them, though we have had no big snow. In the rain they seem to work great and on the highway they are nice and quiet. I'm still not impressed by their traction when turning from a stop in a spirited manner. When it's time for new tires, I'm not sure I'd go with KO2s again. I'll need to wheel these a little to know for sure.

·
Admin
3,312 Posts
Did you find a house with a mother in law suite or are you building/adding on?

Congrats Sean. Awesome you closed on both of those deals so fast..

Your new setup sounds really nice, glad you will be out of the city.

·
Premium Member
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #540
Thank you.

It's for sure a seller's market right now. I was really surprised at how quickly the offers came in. We bought our current house in the depths of the great recession, so we were on the other end last time. Sellers were ready to deal. Today? not so much.... =)

We actually lucked out and found a place with a walkout basement that has a full kitchen, 3/4 bath, bedroom and a great lower patio area. So, Big momma should be happy. The house needs some updating, but, it's all cosmetic. It's in a great town and in a top rated school district, So, I'm fine with having to update some floors and all the "1982" about the house. It's on a Cul-de-sac (I currently live on a busy street near the airport) and backs up to wetland and is under no flight paths, so, no neighbors behind me as well as being almost a half acre lot (currently on a standard cramped city lot)

With that said, I still love Minneapolis and it will always have a spot in my heart, but, not with two kids to raise.

521 - 540 of 545 Posts