Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its finally time. Ive been having a oil on the sides and back (towards the tailgate) of my valve covers. When i changed my spark plugs i snugged up the bolts. Now its leaking worst and at times i can smell it inside my truck with the ac going. I picked up the gaskets this week and i need a guide on replacing em. I searched and couldnt find one. Please help if anyones done this. 05 Nissan Frontier Se CC SB 4.0.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,118 Posts
There isn't much to them - they use silicone in the corners where the seal turns up (you'll see when you get them off). I just replaced mine while I did the spark plugs, so I had the intake off. Not sure if you need to remove the intake to get the covers off, I would imagine it makes it easier to get in there to clean. I used silicone in the corners again to hold the new ones in place while installing

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks wasnt sure and wanted to make sure i wouldnt miss anything. Ive done a head gaskets on a Ford ranger but it had alot less stuff. I also try my best not to unplug the MAF or Throttle body its a pain to reset it and i still get a P0507 code periodically but it hasnt affectted my trucks performance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts