Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck smells like it has mold in it, i have shampooed the carpet and constantly spray febreeze. but it still stinks. I'm going to get a new in cabin air filter today, but has anyone else had this problem? help me, it smells bad, and the gf doesnt want to get in my truck anymore.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
i flooded my back seat in the past.... i folded up my back seats and coated the carpet in baking soda, opened a bag of charcoal and got dampraid. This was all useless until i found the wet patch of fabric underneath the carpet. i pulled up some carpet and ripped out the wet jute and then blew a shop fan thru it for 2 days. Tell me if you more interested in how i did it, i started with a nasty mold smell and ended up back at a normal new car smell!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Could this be a case where the AC vent is loose and so condensation is draining into the cab?

I know a bunch of people have had this issue, but the search on here is not helping me find it...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Could this be a case where the AC vent is loose and so condensation is draining into the cab?
That was my first thought.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been looking all over but i cant find any wet spots or any mold spots. i sprayed lysol through the intake vent in the engine bay and it smelled good for a while but the next day it went back to stinking not as bad but still there.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
You may have to add a extension hose to your A/C drain.Its done the same way as the Titan trucks that have this problem.We have done this to some Frontiers & pathfinders.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts