Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so has anyone found a lift for a decent price?
aka like 200..300 max?
im only still in highschool and currently unemployed thats why im lookin for the quick and inexplensive route.
i kno there is most likely a thread for this but i have been lookin for days and told my self to ask the expertis of the people on here..
oh and has anyone tried to put a ready lift for like an 05 or somethin similare on??
(i kno stupid question)
thanks yall

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
331 Posts
you can but a body lift for round that price. It''ll give yeah the look of a lifted truck but won't had any ground clearence. Or you can just buy everything 1 piece at a time. It might take ya the school year but, eh next summer will be fun right?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can u really get a bl for that cheap?
ya man what are you runnin on yours zerobird?
(lift, tire size)

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
front- torsion bar crank- free for couple inch lift
rear- universal shackles from parts store for $14

from the stickied thread.. can't really get it laid out more clearly than that.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

from the stickied thread
thanks zoom!
i did the torsion bars
but i bought the shakles and they were nnothin but trouble!!
they werent the right fit!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
can u really get a bl for that cheap?
ya man what are you runnin on yours zerobird?
(lift, tire size)
Yeah you can just gotta look around, I've spend some time just lookin up random parts for my truck. Here is an awesome site that has great parts that are reasonable.

https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=117_209

My lift is the Calmini 3" Suspension lift. My tires are Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs 285/70 R17

·
Registered
249 Posts

from the stickied thread.. can't really get it laid out more clearly than that.
x2, or you could go blocks or add-a-leaf on the back.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
wait for a bit and find deals on suspension lift parts in the for sale section

all you need for the front to get 3 inches is upper control arms... avoid calmini, go with ACs or SLRs... for the rear, get an AAL and extended shocks... DONT RUN BLOCKS... and your done

upper control arms will set you back 200 on a used set and an AAL will be about 110 and the shocks... well the shocks are your call

its easy, i spent 400 bucks on my lift... thats it

·
Registered
346 Posts
wait for a bit and find deals on suspension lift parts in the for sale section

all you need for the front to get 3 inches is upper control arms... avoid calmini, go with ACs or SLRs... for the rear, get an AAL and extended shocks... DONT RUN BLOCKS... and your done

upper control arms will set you back 200 on a used set and an AAL will be about 110 and the shocks... well the shocks are your call

its easy, i spent 400 bucks on my lift... thats it
What about the UCA kit from 4x4parts, that any good? Any why not run blocks in the rear? I was planning on doing the 4x4parts 1.5" blocks with their 1.5" lift shackles. I don't wheel the truck at all, just need a bit of a lift to make it look right...not to mention my front tires rub something awful on the body during tight turns :(

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What about the UCA kit from 4x4parts, that any good? Any why not run blocks in the rear? I was planning on doing the 4x4parts 1.5" blocks with their 1.5" lift shackles. I don't wheel the truck at all, just need a bit of a lift to make it look right...not to mention my front tires rub something awful on the body during tight turns :(
What size tire are you runnin???
cus ive got 30s and im not even commin close to rubbin and all ive done is crank the torsion bars??

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
blocks will give you axle wrap, just invest in a good AAL, itll be better on your leaf pack

and yes, the UCA kit from 4x4parts is good!... thats who AC is

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
get the ac 3 pack aal i installed them on my truck and it fixed my sagging springs and now i can throw anytthing in the bed and it doesnt squat at all
coool guys thanks!
but granty... i saw some pics of ur tool box
what all are you runnin on ther like anything but the aal?
cus it looks like u got quite a bit of lift

·
Registered
346 Posts
What size tire are you runnin???
cus ive got 30s and im not even commin close to rubbin and all ive done is crank the torsion bars??
285/60/18 on 18x9 ProComps. They're about 31.5"
blocks will give you axle wrap, just invest in a good AAL, itll be better on your leaf pack

and yes, the UCA kit from 4x4parts is good!... thats who AC is
Sweet, thanks :) Excuse my truck newbness, but what's axle wrap?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
285/60/18 on 18x9 ProComps. They're about 31.5"

Sweet, thanks :) Excuse my truck newbness, but what's axle wrap?
axle wrap is when under acceleration your axle actually wraps around or torques, usually the drivers side shifts forward and the passenger shifts backwards on nissans

axle wrap not only kills your leaf springs but it also kills your u joints on your axle cuz they will be acting as the pivot and taking all the stress

·
Registered
346 Posts
axle wrap is when under acceleration your axle actually wraps around or torques, usually the drivers side shifts forward and the passenger shifts backwards on nissans

axle wrap not only kills your leaf springs but it also kills your u joints on your axle cuz they will be acting as the pivot and taking all the stress
That doesn't sound good at all :( AAL's it is...thanks again man :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts