Nissan Frontier Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone know why tons of $200 complete projector headlights are available for 05-08s but only $800 options for 09 and up? I was hoping for a cheap easy upgrade :(

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Fleet purchases aside:
No matter the model yr, the aftermarket support for our platform is frankly pathetic. Perhaps much of this is based on the affordability of Frontiers in general - which might indicate that owners are less apt to pony-up and mod their trucks?

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
That may very well be the logic. Along the lines of, oh Frontiers are great work trucks but folks won’t spend money to dress up a work truck. But with more affordable payments, I suspect that many of us are keen to accessorize our trucks. And there are loads of Pro 4Xs sold which are not just a work truck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Very true and seeing the year range that these trucks interchange with (05-19 and probably 2020s), I would think the aftermarket support would have been strong based on the 15-year production period...

·
Registered
2019 Pro-4X (15,000km)
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
It's weird though....I had a Jeep Wrangler some years back, and I literally could not stop modifying it...."Just Empty Every Pocket" mantra really came true...there was so many accessories it was draining my bank account. I really don't have that same urge with the Frontier...though I think if there more accessories...I would likely be buying some.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
yearly sales for frontier are about 40,000 units, Ford,Chevy are in the hundreds of thousands units.We're a very small market share.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Well, I took the plunge and ordered the Cougars D13FrontierLE suggested. For now I'll just leave the headlights on and let the auto shutoff take care of things to get around the DRL issue, which isn't a big hardship as my tail / brake lights are LED. This time of year I'm using the full headlights a lot anyway as its darker and frequently rainy here. I like that there isn't a separate driver box to deal with. I like that the cooling fan flows air inside the headlight assembly, which should keep things warm inside the headlight - important re moisture, snow, ice etc. and avoid dirt issues. The price is right as well.

Reactions: D13FrontierLE
61 - 68 of 68 Posts