Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is the one modification that pleases you the most, the one you would most certainly do all over again?

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,372 Posts
Explain that mod please, I know what it is, but explain your reason for liking it so,
My post in this link explains why.
Another reason is...the one touch feature just makes it so much easier to roll the windows down and then up when backing in to park when it's dark out. My back windows have 5% VLT window tint so I always roll em down.

·
Registered
572 Posts
My post in this link explains why.
Another reason is...the one touch feature just make it so much easier to roll the windows down and then up when backing in to park when it's dark out. My back windows have 5% VLT window tint so I always roll em down.
My back windows are basically useless. I have to look through two tinted windows, a clear window, and a security screen in order to see out. I got really good at using the side mirrors. I also have convex blind spot mirrors stuck on them. For $2, makes a huge difference being able to see the curb/edge of the driveway.

Camper shell/truck topper whatever you like to call it.
Same here. Bought my first one on my previous truck (Ford F-250 crew cab 8' bed) after having tonneaus or toolboxes/headache racks on other trucks. Saves a lot of time since I no longer have to tie everything down to survive a category 1 hurricane for however long the trip is. Cargo is not baking in the sun either.

I went all-out and ordered the ARE DCU on my Frontier since I knew what options worked for me. Even if I had to pick up a used shell or a super basic new shell, I'd take that over any other mod.

Reactions: Rahlow

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
Gotta mention two:
HD leaf springs from GeneralspringsKC.com. Factory leaf springs were a joke for hauling and were 'W' shaped by 30k miles.

ARE topper for bed contents' protection from weather as well as security.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Suspension

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
so far its been the Shrockworks steel bumper with the Rigid led lights and sensors.... i live in San Francisco and getting hit isn't an 'if' but more of a 'when'..... gotta stay protected with all the cramped parallel parking.... within the first month of getting this... had someone hit it while parked and their whole headlight assembly was on the ground... they only chipped a little powder coat on my end :) put all the pieces together and was a Toyota Corolla 96 HA!
Almost forgot to mention those Rigid lights are SUPER bright

·
Registered
587 Posts
If we are using the term modification broadly then without fail the best modification was moving from stock tires to BFG KO2's in 265-75R16.

Second best would be my rear airbags.

Reactions: Rahlow and MiniDuti

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Reactions: Rahlow

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,372 Posts
are the Xterra and Frontier seats not the same??? have a pic?
If your read on the Xterra Forum they all changing to Pathfinder seats! Lol
@busemans is referring to swapping out the original seat for a seat that has adjustable seat bottom and adjustable lumbar support on 1st Gens.

·
Registered
2019 CC SV 4X4
15 Posts
Don't know if you would call it a "mod" but I've put floor liners in every vehicle I've owned since 2004. My wife's escape wasn't but a couple for weeks old when one of the grandkids spilt a drink in the floorboard, just pulled the liner and washed it off and put it back in, no sticky mess in the carpet.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts