Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
You've got some very nice shots in there. I had a great time!

Had to pull my neighbor out :)

Nissan's Stunt Driver:

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Great Pics Thanks for sharing I will post what I have tomorrow

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well I and Patrick(?) went out this morning and wheeled and went to see the dinosaur tracks and ran the fence line.. I got home at 630 tonight. I also met and talked to Don the owner this afternoon when I was getting packed up. He was out watering the trees he planted last year in the camping area. Nice guy and he has a Frontier too

·
Registered
111 Posts
It was great meeting ya'll. Here are some of the pictures my little brother and I took during the day.

And Thanks for the pull Brutal.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
So what time did you get home? It was nice hanging out with y'all again.
We got home at about 3pm on Sunday. We Stopped in Austin for a few hours and took in some of the sites

Well I and Patrick(?) went out this morning and wheeled and went to see the dinosaur tracks and ran the fence line.. I got home at 630 tonight. I also met and talked to Don the owner this afternoon when I was getting packed up. He was out watering the trees he planted last year in the camping area. Nice guy and he has a Frontier too
Any pics of the dinosaur tracks? Think that we might have found a new place to go wheeling.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
No We Decides Pics Wouldnt Do It Justice. You Have To "see" Them, Theyre Partially Filled With Silt/mud And Water. But You Can Tell In Person. Almost Looks Like A Heard Of Dino's (2or3) Maybe A Little One Too Went Right Through The Creek Bed Millions Of Years Ago

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Yes They Asked Our Opinions About Rev Park Air Sensors, And Rear View Camera In The Mirror. Diesel Engines In The Titan, What Things We Liked And Disliked...like 6 On 4.5 Bolt Patterns Which Leaves Aftermarket Wheel Support Terrible. They Said Thats An Easy Fix. Also Displease That Even Though They Used A Dana 44 Diffs, They Changed Them So There Almost Nothing For Aftermarket Support. Choose Something On The Market That Has Great Support And Dont "nissan It" Aka Hybrid It. Like A True D44, D60, 8.8 Ford Ect...hell Alot Of Manufacturers Used The Same Parts, This Is An Area That Would Be Great To Stick With This. I Think The Titan Is What The Present Focus Is. But Since We Share The Same Platform You Can Be Confident That After The Titan 3 Gen. The Carry Over With Continue To The Little Brother..

ALSO HERES THE LINK FROM THE ENGINEER IPHONED MY "IN REVERSE RECOVERY" UP THE LEDGES, OF THE 2WD 1ST GEN
http://youtu.be/LcwoWW-Lv7A

·
Registered
41 Posts
had a blast I loved it, thank u nissan, hidden falls and tv crew... nice to meet u guys, hope to do it again soon....

Following Brutal and the SAguy (clubfrontier.org) this was like a level 3-4 trail (I think NorthPole), this was the only picture I took, since my co-pilot was too busy praying that we make it out alive and holding on... we did two off this climbs and some off camber turns. the titan handle everything on 4hi no problems, however the trails started getting smaller and smaller, the frontier guys had to get off their trucks and move the branches out off the way for me...So I decided it was best for me to turn around so that i dont slow them ... the fontier guys try to keep going forward, however a few minutes after I turn around they were behind me... Im guessing it got worst I didnt get to talk to them, we went seperate ways....

I have some more pictures Ill load them up later, it was kind if hard to take them while on the trail didnt wanted to be stopping and stopping ... maybe next time Ill set up a video camera.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Nice pics

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Following Brutal and the SAguy (clubfrontier.org) this was like a level 3-4 trail (I think NorthPole), this was the only picture I took, since my co-pilot was too busy praying that we make it out alive and holding on... we did two off this climbs and some off camber turns. the titan handle everything on 4hi no problems, however the trails started getting smaller and smaller, the frontier guys had to get off their trucks and move the branches out off the way for me...So I decided it was best for me to turn around so that i dont slow them ... the fontier guys try to keep going forward, however a few minutes after I turn around they were behind me... Im guessing it got worst I didnt get to talk to them, we went seperate ways....

I have some more pictures Ill load them up later, it was kind if hard to take them while on the trail didnt wanted to be stopping and stopping ... maybe next time Ill set up a video camera.
WE LOOPED AROUND BEHIND YOU, THE MAP DIDNT SHOW THAT IT LOOPED AND WE KEPT TRYING TO GET TO FENCELINE. BUT COULDNT THAT WAY AND FOUND OUT LATER THE PART WE WERE ON WASN'T COMPLETED YET. IT JUST LOOPED BACK ON ITSELF. IF I HAD KNOWN THAT WE COULD HAVE SAVE SOME REALLY GOOD PINSTRIPPING...WE WENT UP AROUND AROUND AND MADE A RIGHT WHEN YOU WENT LEFT AND FOUND THE FENCELINE TRAIL. IM GLAD YOU DIDNT GO, THERE WAS SOME STEEP OFF CAMBER OBSTACLES. ONE SECTION A JEEP WAS BEING SPOTTED DOWN OFF CAMBER. SO I JUST WAITED FOR HIM TO PASS AND SHOWED THEM HOW GOOD A NISSAN REALLY IS :)

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I'm not a fan of anything red on a car/truck.... I even hate red lights, but I do like the look of this truck for some reason.

·
Registered
41 Posts
WE LOOPED AROUND BEHIND YOU, THE MAP DIDNT SHOW THAT IT LOOPED AND WE KEPT TRYING TO GET TO FENCELINE. BUT COULDNT THAT WAY AND FOUND OUT LATER THE PART WE WERE ON WASN'T COMPLETED YET. IT JUST LOOPED BACK ON ITSELF. IF I HAD KNOWN THAT WE COULD HAVE SAVE SOME REALLY GOOD PINSTRIPPING...WE WENT UP AROUND AROUND AND MADE A RIGHT WHEN YOU WENT LEFT AND FOUND THE FENCELINE TRAIL. IM GLAD YOU DIDNT GO, THERE WAS SOME STEEP OFF CAMBER OBSTACLES. ONE SECTION A JEEP WAS BEING SPOTTED DOWN OFF CAMBER. SO I JUST WAITED FOR HIM TO PASS AND SHOWED THEM HOW GOOD A NISSAN REALLY IS :)
:fantastic:

I guess it was a good thing I didnt let my macho instinct take over, and turn around... I played around in the other trails (1-2) I was by myself so took it EZ... It was nice meeting you guys...and finally seeing your beast :goodjob:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts