Nissan Frontier Forum banner

141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Mkay ... All of a sudden it could be cool...

Gun turret & fixed cannons...

·
Registered
415 Posts
I do have to wonder about fording, or even boat loading/unloading capability. IF the motors are mounted in the hubs, and you submerge them, even briefly, I'd be worried about water ingress.

I'm sure they will take that into consideration. Maybe mounting the motors up in the chassis and have a portal axle style system

·
Registered
256 Posts
One thing many overlook when talking about Tesla is their repair policy... You want to modify/personalize your truck? not if Elon doesn't allow it. There's a cottage industry growing trying to modify/repair cars Tesla has blown off... RichRebuilds is a good example.
Tesla is a tech company and views "your car" as nothing different than any other tech thing, like your iPhone. So pay your licensing fees and choose only what they allow you to option. No more aftermarket.
This is and always has been my biggest problem with Tesla and of course CrApple. Big Brother knows best and will make all of your decisions for you. You just need to sign on the dotted line and enjoy the ecosystem they offer. No need for any personalization of any kind.

Yeah you can keep that crap. This hits the nail right on the head. Tesla isn't selling cars, they are selling you tech gadgets and thats all they view their products as. They claim if you have anyone but them replace your tires, you will void your warranty. Forget that. Once I purchase a product it is mine to do with as I please and you better honor all federally mandated warranties and guarantees on it despite the fact that I may put a different bumper on it or paint racing stripes on it.

That and it's still the most butt ugly thing I have ever laid eyes upon.

·
Premium Member
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
This is and always has been my biggest problem with Tesla and of course CrApple. Big Brother knows best and will make all of your decisions for you. You just need to sign on the dotted line and enjoy the ecosystem they offer. No need for any personalization of any kind.
If you don't like Apple or Tesla (or any other tech product brand for that matter) you're not forced to buy their products. It's simple. :cool:

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm not sure if this was brought up here, but it was mentioned in one of the infosec meetings I have been in since the cybertruck debuted. One of the presentations was about how all the electric vehicle owners were screwed during the fire that happened in Northern California. Plantation was it? As soon as the power went down, they had no way to recharge and escape anything. Here in Florida that is currently a VERY massive concern when we try to plan on evacuating places like the southern part of the state. We are increasingly finding that DOT and emergency services are having to drive up and down the highways to provide assistance to people in electric vehicles who have become stranded on the interstates because there are available charging stations. Do you really want to rely upon that in emergency situations?

·
Premium Member
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
I'm not sure if this was brought up here, but it was mentioned in one of the infosec meetings I have been in since the cybertruck debuted. One of the presentations was about how all the electric vehicle owners were screwed during the fire that happened in Northern California. Plantation was it? As soon as the power went down, they had no way to recharge and escape anything. Here in Florida that is currently a VERY massive concern when we try to plan on evacuating places like the southern part of the state. We are increasingly finding that DOT and emergency services are having to drive up and down the highways to provide assistance to people in electric vehicles who have become stranded on the interstates because there are available charging stations. Do you really want to rely upon that in emergency situations?
Along the same lines of this comment, IMO the technology hasn't evolved enough yet to practically (and in case of emergency situations like you pointed out above) have a full-EV as the primary/only vehicle.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I'm not sure what they'd have to do to this abomination to make it cool IMHO, but that's a hard-pass from me right now. I can throw two extra Jerry cans ( which I currently have stashed on-board next to the tool box, though right now they're empty ) and have an additional minimum 150 miles of range in reserve. Unless this thing had some sort of hybrid on-board charger, it'll never be in my driveway. I still can't understand why nobody is using a tiny turbo-diesel prime mover to drive a range-extending generator and mount that in the trunk or bed of an electric. Even if you had to stop for a period to have the generator catch up to the electrical draw, it'd still be a win over trying to find a functional charging station during a regional or national upheaval.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I still want to see one shopped as a frame laying, with 4 slicks autocross machine.

Like the hoonitruck but electric.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm not sure what they'd have to do to this abomination to make it cool IMHO, but that's a hard-pass from me right now. I can throw two extra Jerry cans ( which I currently have stashed on-board next to the tool box, though right now they're empty ) and have an additional minimum 150 miles of range in reserve. Unless this thing had some sort of hybrid on-board charger, it'll never be in my driveway. I still can't understand why nobody is using a tiny turbo-diesel prime mover to drive a range-extending generator and mount that in the trunk or bed of an electric. Even if you had to stop for a period to have the generator catch up to the electrical draw, it'd still be a win over trying to find a functional charging station during a regional or national upheaval.
That would taint their tainty truck image. Not to mention that all the diesel emissions crap they are putting out now days, you'd still need the dpf and def crap somewhere on it. Though a nice little diesel generator should put out some decent volts and amps for charging!

·
Premium Member
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
What you need is a Mr. Fusion :D :

141 - 155 of 155 Posts