1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Fun fact: The flat, angular body panels were designed in the 1970's, back before we had computers capable of making low radar cross-section surfaces in curved shapes...

·
Registered
799 Posts
That looks really Ridiculous ,I wouldn't even test drive
It looks like it came from Cybertron Tell Optimus Prime one of his warriors is exposed by Tesla

·
Registered
415 Posts
Bring on the space age future.

I kinda dig it. Not really for a practical sense, but someone needs to be pushing the envelope. If it is at all capable and has decent range, at that price point, it would be a great place to start custom builds. Imagine one as a fully built desert runner. Or one as a low and lean hot rod of sorts. Maybe wacky, but damn it's cool.

·
Registered
772 Posts
It's not even 5am for Kryst's sake! I threw up in my mouth a little bit.:sick:

No. Never. I'd walk.

·
Registered
772 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Just ................ NO

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I wonder if that's an electric tailgate grill? "Honey, um, our battery is dead."

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
No self respecting truck owner will consider purchasing this vehicle. Imagine the laughs you will hear? Just a hideous design. It may have value as a truck but I cannot stand the design.

·
Registered
410 Posts
No self respecting truck owner will consider purchasing this vehicle. Imagine the laughs you will hear? Just a hideous design. It may have value as a truck but I cannot stand the design.
Elon Musk in no way designed this towards the market of "self respecting truck owners", if that's the cool group to be in. This is here to draw attention, be ridiculed, be adored, and generally just garner a new wave of design.

I think some of the design aspects are interesting, the front, the minimalist aspect, the raw steel look. A few aspects seem silly though, the poor appearing head room in the rear, the bed seems not as efficient as it could be. Obviously the real key will be how far can it go on one charge while pulling something. You can always tweak the exterior to make it more acceptable appearing to the masses.

·
Premium Member
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think most of you are just in shock at something that doesn't look like the same, regular 3 box "truck shape" that every truck has. But that was the point - I'm not a Tesla fanboy at all but you have to admit - they didn't just come out with their own version of the same pickup truck appearance we've seen for decades.

And yeah - at first it was like WTH but the outside is starting to grow on me, appearance-wise.
I'm still not a fan of the single screen dash though, it's never going to be as intuitive as physical controls that become second nature and do not require you to look at what you're controlling.

That built-in ramp is cool. I really like that feature.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
When I read raines post I thought how bad could it be? I couldn’t help but chuckle as I scrolled down to the pics. After reading everyone’s post I had to go back and read the specs and really it’s pretty impressive! Still can’t wrap my head around that design and don’t think I ever will. If this is the way the future trucks go I’m sure they will come up with much better designs that make a little more since.. yea aero dynamic but come on. I do like the suspension setup.. 4” up or down!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Again... :sick:

·
Premium Member
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When I read raines post I thought how bad could it be? I couldn’t help but chuckle as I scrolled down to the pics. After reading everyone’s post I had to go back and read the specs and really it’s pretty impressive! Still can’t wrap my head around that design and don’t think I ever will. If this is the way the future trucks go I’m sure they will come up with much better designs that make a little more since.. yea aero dynamic but come on. I do like the suspension setup.. 4” up or down!
My thread title reflects my initial reaction to seeing the photos for the first time. I'm sure many people are in the same boat. However like I mentioned previously, it's starting to grow on me. Maybe the styling is just a few tweaks away from becoming something pretty cool.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts