Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My tesioners are bad, where is the best place to order them and what are the part numbers? Thanks in advance :) I have a 2000 nissan frontier with the 4 cylinder. Just to clarify, its not the timing belt, its the idler pully tensioner. I replaced the belts recently!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just had to do mine. I'm a different motor but it's a similar idler, The bearing size on mine is 6203. I got a/c and p/s bearings for $15.00 from grainger. they are easy to press out and in with the right size sockets. Just tap them in slow and easy it saves alot of money just changing bearings. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just had to do mine. I'm a different motor but it's a similar idler, The bearing size on mine is 6203. I got a/c and p/s bearings for $15.00 from grainger. they are easy to press out and in with the right size sockets. Just tap them in slow and easy it saves alot of money just changing bearings. Hope this helps.
That's a good idea, I'll have to look into that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For some reason the tensioner isn't making any noise so I'm going to hold off on getting a new one. Let's see how long that last...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Anyone know if you can change the bearing on the idler puller from a second gen Frontier? Going to check it out this weekend. Mechanic says it's starting to seize on my 06.

Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
My second gen Idler puller takes a 6301. Not sure about the tensioner pulley yet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My tensioner pulley is making noise, where to buy? Any suggestions

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.