Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feel a bit silly but I can’t seem to locate part numbers for the pulleys on either side of the SC on my v33er. Only pulley the local carquest can find is the tensioner for the power steering. Is this a dealer only part after all?

·
Registered
300 Posts
dont waste money buying a new pulley,the only new thing you need is the 5 dollar bearing thats pressed in the back of the pulley which can be bought anywhere, very easy 10min job to replace bearing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would replace just the bearing but the pulleys have a bit of wear on them. Might still be the best option though.

I am pretty well educated on rockauto but the options they list doesn’t need have what I think I need. Unless there is incorrect pulleys on my truck.

Rockauto has a few options. a bunch of v belts, obviously those are not right. The one that looks the part is for Power steering. Just like the car quest people saw but I need the ones on both sides of the SC. Hence my question. Maybe it is the same pulley after all but I was hoping to get confirmation.

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
Butterman is correct. Those are the part #s.
Nissan 11925-5s710 .... Xterra. Left. Ac idler pulley. 3.3L, with supercharger.
Nissan 11925-5s701 .... Xterra. Right. Ac idler pulley. 3.3L, with supercharger.

When you see the cost you will probably recondition the ones you have. Don't damage the bearings pressing them out until you get the number off of them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep that’s the two i’m After.. so they are calling them AC idler pulleys.. both of them.. interesting. Cross referenced in rock auto and they come up as the same part number

Dayco 89134
Gates 36087

For future searchers

Thanks for all the help guys.. I will use the genuine Nissan website for a parts breakdown in the future..

·
Registered
322 Posts
Cross referenced in rock auto and they come up as the same part number
Dayco 89134
Gates 36087
The oem has flanges on one of them, but otherwise they appear to be the same size. The aftermarket has dropped the flanges for some reason. I suspect nissan put those flanges on there to prevent the belt from dropping off that pulley. But it seems to be close enough to the crank pulley to keep it in line.

Whatever you do, don't go too cheap on the replacement. Poor quality chinese bearings will fail in short order.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
The oem has flanges on one of them, but otherwise they appear to be the same size. The aftermarket has dropped the flanges for some reason. I suspect nissan put those flanges on there to prevent the belt from dropping off that pulley. But it seems to be close enough to the crank pulley to keep it in line.

Whatever you do, don't go too cheap on the replacement. Poor quality chinese bearings will fail in short order.
I went with the genuine Nissan part when it came to replacing mine just for that reason. For the other pulleys, I went with Gates.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts