Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just happen to be going through some images recently and realizing I bought my Frontier ten years ago. Of course I couldn't past up the opportunity to park my Frontier in the same space ten years to the day and take a picture. Obviously I'm not into mods.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,384 Posts
Mudflaps mod! Maybe even tinted the front windows? Same tires...or 2nd/3rd set?

10 more years!!

Reactions: jski701

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I'm at just over 10 years too and getting ready for new shocks all around, which I have, and then new tires too. Its going strong and I still like driving it, so no need for a new one yet. I am interested in doing braided brake lines and synthetic brake fluid to take some of the mush out of the pedal, but a little maintenance is ok at 105k and 10 yrs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Congratulations

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mudflaps mod! Maybe even tinted the front windows? Same tires...or 2nd/3rd set?

10 more years!!
I plead the 5th amendment on the tires; on the other hand, I only have 43,000 miles on the truck, so lets just say maybe its 10th birthday present should be a new set of tires.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Congratulations on the 10 years, still have mine too even though I have bought a 13 SL and now a 17 Pro 4, still have a soft spot for the original. Mine has had a few more changes than yours though.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire The day I brought it home

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire and as it stands today

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
My 2006 is going strong with 140,000+ Miles on the clock. With retirement comes a significant reduction in annual mileage and I hope to keep it for many more years to come. The original clutch still feels fine.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My 2006 is going strong with 140,000+ Miles on the clock. With retirement comes a significant reduction in annual mileage and I hope to keep it for many more years to come. The original clutch still feels fine.
FITZ - you have 140k miles on the original clutch? That is great!! Gives me faith that I have another 70k on mine before I have to replace it. Can I ask you what kind of driving do you do? City/Highway; Towing/Commuter?

cheers and thanks

Bleudog

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
FITZ - you have 140k miles on the original clutch? That is great!! Gives me faith that I have another 70k on mine before I have to replace it. Can I ask you what kind of driving do you do? City/Highway; Towing/Commuter?

cheers and thanks

Bleudog
I guess 70% of the 140,000 Miles (now 149,000 Miles) was highway driving with few stops and starts, so had an advantage. I've never towed anything.

At slow speeds, I rarely downshift - I instead use my brakes to reduce speed. I sometimes downshift at highway speeds to reduce speed, or on mountain road grades and most always blip the throttle to rev match and lessen clutch wear.

I've driven nothing but manual transmission vehicles for 35+ Years and have achieved well over 200K Miles on every vehicle before I encountered a hint of clutch wear. I hope my Frontier makes the mark and yours too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts