Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I walked out of the house this morning at 5:55am to head for work. There was a truck I have never seen parked across the street down at the dead end. I live in a townhome complex so it's maybe 75 ft. from my front door. It was running and I could tell there was a guy in it, just couldn’t see him. So I get in the car and take off. About a mile down the road I manage to spill coffee all over myself. So I turned around and went back home to change. Now this truck has moved to where I was parked directly in front of my house. When I walk by it there isn’t anyone in it, but it’s still running and there’s nobody around. I went in and changed my clothes and when I came back out I see the truck out on the main road driving away.

Is it just me or is that a little odd?

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
Sounds kinda fishy to me.
Talk to the neighbors about it when you get home and see what they know.
Even if they don't know anything concerning this vehicle, that will give them the heads up to what you observed.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
i would check all around the house to make sure they didn't rob you of anything, i would of gotten their plate number too incase they did rob you, you could of called the cops and gave them their plate number.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
I agree, a little sketchy but could be legit. Maybe they were waiting for someone to come out and the only open space was the one that he was in and then moved to yours when you left to get closer. He could have been knocking on his buddys door when you re-arrived, thus not being in the truck.

I would tend to be more paranoid about it and talk to the neighbors to see if they know anything. If anything, they will be more alert to new vehicles in the area.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I probably would've hid in the bushes and watched him. I'm creepy though. I always expect something's up when I see strange vehicles in my neighborhood. Probably nothing to be worried about though. If it happens again, I would defiantely watch him though and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
As others have said, put the word out, however, as dubie2003 pointed out, it might be 100% legit. You would probably be surprised at the number of people wandering about doing their every day jobs that you might not ever see until you are home at a different time.

For example, when was the last time you saw you meter man for electric, gas, or water? While a lot of utilities have gone to automated reading, there are still just as many paying someone to physically read meters. The 6am time is a bit odd until you consider the time of year. A lot of outdoor workers attempt to get an earlier start to beat the heat.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
^hahahahaha^ ya i woulda at least got the plate and description of said truck. me personally i woulda waited til he came out and asked wtf you in my parkin spot. ask your neighbors aboot it too

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i would check all around the house to make sure they didn't rob you of anything
I live in atownhouse so there is no access to the back and nothing is missing in the front.

ya i woulda at least got the plate and description of said truck
I know the make/model/color/state and a partial plate number I read in my rear view on my first trip out. I'm generally alert to cars, especially when they're out of place.

Maybe they were waiting for someone to come out and the only open space was the one that he was in and then moved to yours when you left to get closer.
This is what I was thinking, but thought I would ask your guys' opinion since all of the front doors are exposed and I didn't see him even when he wasn't in the truck.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm probably overreacting, but my wife is home with the two kids all day by herself. I would hate for someone to see me leave and break in thinking nobody else is in there. On any other morning I would not come back home right away and I probably would have forgot about the whole thing.

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
if you see him there again then get the full plate number and call homeland security, report a suspicious vehicle. :laugh: that should teach him.

or you could just report it to the local cops. better safe then sorry, there's some real wackjobs out there

:noworries:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Yeah, quick cell phone pic...but I would have hidden and watched.

Actually, a few weeks ago, I took my 2.5yo out for a ride. Rode a mile away to the elementary school and rode around the back, to the playground and then back around the way we came...spotted an odd truck that wasn't there the first time. Elementary school, back parking lot, friday afternoon...hmmm...

Chicka chicka bow chicka woowowww....You could make out the thruster through the tint without getting close. Gave him a good laugh...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Normally I would have watched where he came from, but i was doing my best not to be late with all of the other distractions. I also expected him to still be there when i came back out.

Its time to start taking your wife to the shooting range....
She has gone shooting with me before, but it may be time for a refresher.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
should have gotten the plate, especially if noone was in it when you walked by.

·
Registered
963 Posts
When people are parked near my house i ALWAYS ask if they need help or are you lost.Just to see what the say

I do the same, even go so far as to knock on windows. Had one guy tell me to mind my own business and flashed me a badge. I told him to GTFO and started calling the cops on his azz right in front of him. He took off in a hurry.

No CCW in IL but if I see something strange I pack while checking it out.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I do the same, even go so far as to knock on windows. Had one guy tell me to mind my own business and flashed me a badge. I told him to GTFO and started calling the cops on his azz right in front of him. He took off in a hurry.

No CCW in IL but if I see something strange I pack while checking it out.
heck yeah man!!! never had that done where i live but thanks to you guys now i have a plan!!.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
When people are parked near my house i ALWAYS ask if they need help or are you lost.Just to see what the say
Thats exactly what I do.... May not be the safest way, but it makes allot of people drive off...

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Should have called the plate and circumstances into the police and let them investigate.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts