Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever try these? Sounds to good to be true. Tried researching and some people swear by it but alot of others say its just hype. Anybody use one themselves? I swear in hawaii wax does not last long at all! Gets super hot then it rains alot, then it rains while its super hot!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Teflon doesn't stick to anything until you get it hot enough to bond, which is well beyond what the paint can take. Look at polymer type waxes - such as Zaino...those DO last a while. In Oklahoma it gets well over 110F in the summer, and carnuba type waxes will melt off.

Teflon + cars = wasted money at best.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah figured that was to good to be true! Damn, i wax like everyother week thats why!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I use a "wax" called REJEX. Comes in a blue and red bottle. It is one of the polymer compounds and works great. Use it on the boat and vehicles both. It seems to last longer than conventional waxes here in Florida where we have some of the same conditons as Hawaii. I haven't waxed since October and am still getting beading on the hood. It makes things easier to wash off the front of the vehicle for a longer time as well. I got it at ACE Hardware. A little expensive at $20 a bottle but I feel it is well worth it.

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
Don't know anything about the teflon based sealers.

If your carnuba waxes melt off there in HI try a sealer like Klasse All in One.
Wipe on, wipe off, your done.
I use it in between waxes for a quick detailing, the stuff lasts months for me here in PA.

·
Registered
291 Posts
if you are more focused on protection, look at either Collinite 845IW, it's a nuba based wax, but it's mixed with polymers as well. This stuff will last for a LONG time by itself. If you want even better protection, get blackfire all finish paint protection, then top with 845iw. if applied correctly, will last 6-7 months easily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts