Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so who can diagnose why my Slip and VDC off lights stay on? The vdc switch does not work and I can actually spin my tires, which I shouldn't be able to do.

I did take it to the stealership and they said it was the Electronic Control Module... are they correct?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Does the ECU have any codes stored? If so, they may help isolate your problem.

In my minimal experience, the anti-lock brake limited slip system is of limited use. When I got stuck in mud several years ago, it didn't help a bit. I'm not a tire-spinning kind of guy, but I have little doubt that I could break 'em loose, especally on wet pavement.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
you dont happen to be driving a nismo or pro4x with the electronic locking diff do you? if so these lights being on i belive has been the sign for others on there that the diff lock control modual is bad. if your not a nismo then start checking your abs sensors for damage or obstructions paying close attention to the wires of the ones at the rear because they are easily snaged and broken when off roading just ask mustard about that one.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I had the same problem - brought it to the dealer and they said "it was a bad wheel angle sensor." Fixed under warranty

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you dont happen to be driving a nismo or pro4x with the electronic locking diff do you? if so these lights being on i belive has been the sign for others on there that the diff lock control modual is bad. if your not a nismo then start checking your abs sensors for damage or obstructions paying close attention to the wires of the ones at the rear because they are easily snaged and broken when off roading just ask mustard about that one.
I am driving a nismo cc. i did take it to the dealership when it happened and they said it was the "Electronic Control Module", is that the same thing?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
yeah they are most likely talking about the electronic control module for the Diff lock aka Diff Lock control module. if you can i would confirm from them that this is what they were talking about since electronic control module is a pretty basic term especially when it comes to our trucks in which you'll find about 4 seperate electronic control modules. the diff lock control module is about $400 on courtesy parts http://www.courtesyparts.com/kb_search_result.php?keywords=[28495M]+\(d40&cPath=4888_4889_4924_4930

if someone who has faced this problem would chime in that would be nice but this is the extent of my knowledge on the subject based on reading what other have gone through with this unit and based on those readings and your stealership saying "electronic control module" i would put all my money on that being what they are talking about

1 - 7 of 7 Posts