Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
So you realize that that try-hard ugly bumper goes underneath the new stock plastic you have, right? I mean, the winch & mount are completely covered by your new, painted, plastic "bumper".

And yep, you can install a hitch mount in front (again, hidden by your new, painted plastic "bumper".

(The reason I keep typing bumper in quotes, is because the plastic is just a cover for your actual, functional bumper. Plastic cover aint gonna protect you (like a bumper does) for sh!t)

When you look at photos of the installed Wam, you don't see that "try-hard" ugly, right? ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
My WAM bumper. I don't think it looks bad. shrug (FYI, Anza Borrengo).
I've also considered the front hitch receiver. But do a search online for images of that.. it's kinda, ewww, like looking at a butthole in the front of your truck all day, IMHO.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I've also considered the front hitch receiver. But do a search online for images of that.. it's kinda, ewww, like looking at a butthole in the front of your truck all day, IMHO.
View attachment 311739
It does not look bad at all. It looks good. Without the front butthole. :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
View attachment 311739
Not to alarm you, but there seems to be a very large reptile stalking you.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Not to alarm you, but there seems to be a very large reptile stalking you.
I was gonna say something but didn't wanna freak 'im out...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
That does look good, I was picturing a more gaudy version. I don't really want an exposed trailer hitch sticking out the front either. My hope was it would look completely stock but I could slide a winch in real quick if I needed to. I just want my full painted bumper, I don't want to cut it in half and Frankenstein a sharp angled replacement.

·
Registered
779 Posts
That does look good, I was picturing a more gaudy version. I don't really want an exposed trailer hitch sticking out the front either. My hope was it would look completely stock but I could slide a winch in real quick if I needed to. I just want my full painted bumper, I don't want to cut it in half and Frankenstein a sharp angled replacement.
Then the Wam winch mount is for you! :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
My deduction of your situation...

Option 1: WAM "hidden" winch bumper
Pros: Winch always installed and ready. Reinforced bumper. Additional recovering points for two-point winching (doubling winch capacity).
Cons: Trimming your bumper (may not be completely visible). Bumper no longer looks stock.

Option 2: Front hitch point
Pros: Hitch point can be covered with license plate. No excessive weight increase. Truck will look more stock
Cons: Need to move/install/wire hitch anytime you need it. Winch need to be on a hitch ready platform (additional weight). Winch occupies truck bed space.

For me.. If I'm going to carry the winch (which is a good weight), I rather have it already installed and ready to go. My worst case scenario is stuck in the mud during a downpour... and my hitch point is not accessible or the winch cannot be installed properly.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts