Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removed my TCM to clean due to cross contamination. My A/T ECU fuse keeps blowing. Broke 2 solenoids while taking it apart (major PITA) - Line Pressure and Torque Converter Clutch solenoids. They are bosch 0260130031 (14-06-06; 2570 stamped on the top).

Going to buy replacements online (ebay). My question is - how can I tell if my 2005 Frontier KC 2WD SE is has low or high ohm solenoids? I only noticed this as I read the descriptions on ebay. It says that it is compatible with my car, but it also has a warning that it is for high ohms only - which makes me nervous. Am I to assume the sets that are "OEM reman for Titan/Xterra/Pathfinder/Frontiers" all work and are interchangeable?

TIA.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I would'nt buy a part like that off Ebay.To much chance of counterfit on small electrical parts from our China friends.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Baja. Do you have any suggestions on a more reliable source?

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Try these guys; they are out of Florida. You can contact them if you have any questions, as well:

Reactions: AggieAloha

·
Registered
934 Posts
My go to parts place is Rockauto, but electrical parts like relays fuses selonoids from a major electrical retailer will usually not be counterfeit parts. I'd try the above reccomendatioon as he has been around the block a few times.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Got a new TCM in. Had to reinstall since I didn't put the shifter position in correctly. Starts great. Just can't get it to go into gear... It never stops. Any ideas welcomed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Edit: not enough ATF. Wasnt familiar enough with what the fluid looks like on the dipstick. Poured, run, check, repeat. It runs!

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
If the valve body comes with a new TCM, you will need to take it to a Nissan or Infiniti dealer and have them program it so it will communicate with the ECM.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If the valve body comes with a new TCM, you will need to take it to a Nissan or Infiniti dealer and have them program it so it will communicate with the ECM.
Thanks SMJ. Called the Nissan dealership that it shipped from and ask if I needed to bring in since the description says not programmed. the service guy told me the OEM part is meant to be plug and play.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Thanks SMJ. Called the Nissan dealership that it shipped from and ask if I needed to bring in since the description says not programmed. the service guy told me the OEM part is meant to be plug and play.
Key phrase: "...meant to be..." Let us know how it all works out!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Key phrase: "...meant to be..." Let us know how it all works out!
You were right SMJ - I've been racking my brain with the u1000 and OD issue. Finally saw the TSB regarding blank TCMs. Had to convince my local courtesy Nissan that it was not plug n play and showed them the TSB. They tried to tell me the TCM is still bad bc once water comes it, it'll never leave - even tried to tell me there is still a leak from radiator to transmission. When I told them it was a brand new non Nissan radiator that has a bypass, they were silent..but said I still need a new transmission for $7000 and that my valve body (on the brand new factory TCM) were bad. So far no codes, passed inspection and sitting in line waiting for registration. Thanks again everyone and I'll never doubt SMJ again!

Reactions: smj999smj
1 - 11 of 11 Posts