Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removed my TCM to clean due to cross contamination. My A/T ECU fuse keeps blowing. Broke 2 solenoids while taking it apart (major PITA) - Line Pressure and Torque Converter Clutch solenoids. They are bosch 0260130031 (14-06-06; 2570 stamped on the top).

Going to buy replacements online (ebay). My question is - how can I tell if my 2005 Frontier KC 2WD SE is has low or high ohm solenoids? I only noticed this as I read the descriptions on ebay. It says that it is compatible with my car, but it also has a warning that it is for high ohms only - which makes me nervous. Am I to assume the sets that are "OEM reman for Titan/Xterra/Pathfinder/Frontiers" all work and are interchangeable?

TIA.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I would'nt buy a part like that off Ebay.To much chance of counterfit on small electrical parts from our China friends.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Baja. Do you have any suggestions on a more reliable source?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Try these guys; they are out of Florida. You can contact them if you have any questions, as well:

·
Registered
298 Posts
My go to parts place is Rockauto, but electrical parts like relays fuses selonoids from a major electrical retailer will usually not be counterfeit parts. I'd try the above reccomendatioon as he has been around the block a few times.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Got a new TCM in. Had to reinstall since I didn't put the shifter position in correctly. Starts great. Just can't get it to go into gear... It never stops. Any ideas welcomed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Edit: not enough ATF. Wasnt familiar enough with what the fluid looks like on the dipstick. Poured, run, check, repeat. It runs!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
If the valve body comes with a new TCM, you will need to take it to a Nissan or Infiniti dealer and have them program it so it will communicate with the ECM.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If the valve body comes with a new TCM, you will need to take it to a Nissan or Infiniti dealer and have them program it so it will communicate with the ECM.
Thanks SMJ. Called the Nissan dealership that it shipped from and ask if I needed to bring in since the description says not programmed. the service guy told me the OEM part is meant to be plug and play.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Thanks SMJ. Called the Nissan dealership that it shipped from and ask if I needed to bring in since the description says not programmed. the service guy told me the OEM part is meant to be plug and play.
Key phrase: "...meant to be..." Let us know how it all works out!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts