637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
I took some pic's on my last outing to show the good amount of up and down travel you can get with just these coilovers and stock control arms.

All 4 tires were still on the ground.

Driver's front compressed.

Passenger front at full drop. See how the upper control arm dose NOT contact the coil-bucket.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Mike, I assume your Icons have the internal droop stop so the UCA can't contact the coil buckect? Also, what amount of lift over stock do you have them set at?
Yes. They are the standard travel coilovers with 550 coils. I have them set at 3".

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting.

Are you eventually going to go with a UCA or stay with your current setup?

Some of us (or maybe just me) think that you should run the aftermarket UCA's with the coilovers to avoid contact, guess not.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I like them and the coating; I need to look at a some coilovers for my Shrockworks bumper when it arrives. What is the heaviest spring rate they offer?

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Interesting.

Are you eventually going to go with a UCA or stay with your current setup?
Actually I plan on getting control arms probably at the end of this month. I didn't have the money last year to get UCA's and coilvers all at once. When I do get UCA's I will send my coilovers back to ICON to have the internal droop stop removed. I think they said it was $35. to that.
Some of us (or maybe just me) think that you should run the aftermarket UCA's with the coilovers to avoid contact, guess not.
I just copied my post from anther thread.:)

No control arm eliminates coil bucket contact, they just reduce it. The advantage to using after-market control arms and extended travel coilover is the additional down travel. About an 1" to 1 1/2 more drop then a coilover set for stock UCA's. So you will have contact but you are adding more performance.
Coil bucket contact with UCA's with coilovers is different then with a spacer lift. With A spacer lift you actually loose some down travel and the contact happens sooner, like then you go over a speed bump.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Actually I plan on getting control arms probably at the end of this month.
What kind do you plan on getting? I need to get some… but I still don’t know about what brand of shocks I am going to get.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
I like them and the coating; I need to look at a some coilovers for my Shrockworks bumper when it arrives. What is the heaviest spring rate they offer?
They have a 650ibs coils for heavy bumpers.

What kind do you plan on getting? I need to get some… but I still don’t know about what brand of shocks I am going to get.
I'll let you know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.