Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i got my ARB rocker switches... but how do i tap into the stock switch thats on the column for my parking/headlights?.... these switches have a light up feature that is dim so i could see it at night and since i obv dont want them on 24/7, id set it for when i have my lights on... so how do i tap into that?

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
use the dimmer switch power and tap off that , disconnect the battery and splice into the wire
ill have to double check what color wire again though

·
Registered
138 Posts
I believe the easiest way to go about this would be to tap into the fuse. Simple, easy to find through the manual but very Jerry-rigged. Not a professional looking job but it gets it done. That would be my trial. Should still come on at the correct time, when you want it to, not when you don't need it to. Make sure you use loom to keep the wire from touching and wearing through anything sharp or potentially warm/hot.

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
pink/black coming out of the back of the dimmer switch , thats how ive got mine setup and it only comes on with the lights

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
tap into the light switch for your parking lights. its pretty easily accessible in the steering column. they won't be on unless you have your light on.

aside from that, they aren't that bright.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
tap into the light switch for your parking lights. its pretty easily accessible in the steering column. they won't be on unless you have your light on.

aside from that, they aren't that bright.
did you do this? any idea on how? like diagrams?

and well, these arent ARBs exact switches, there aftermarket ones that look exactly like ARBs

All I could think of when I saw the title was the movie Happy Gilmore.
Ha ha nice!
exactly what i was going for haha

pink/black coming out of the back of the dimmer switch , thats how ive got mine setup and it only comes on with the lights
i may just try that, is it easy to pop that dimmer switch out, i cant seem to get my hand behind it

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
what i did o pop the dimmer out is remove the little empty switch cover next to the dimmer then put my finger through the empty switch location so i could pop the dimmer out

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
take the 2 screw out of the bottom and pop the entire panel out , takes like 2 seconds

switches will come out with the panel , unless your truck is a little different

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
did you do this? any idea on how? like diagrams?
yes, thats how mine is set up. i can't tell you what color it is at the moment, but if you need me to, ill take off the column and snap and let you know.

this or the dimmer switch will work, either way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts