Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a alpine license plate with a rear view camera, does anyone know the size of the screw I need. Looking for a torx head

Found a site

Search tamper bolt - Grainger Industrial Supply

I think the top 2 screws for the rear license plate screws into a plastic insert. Maybe I should drill it out and use a tamper proof bolt with a lock nut.

·
Registered
113 Posts
pretty much no one will have the tools to take those off.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
pretty much no one will have the tools to take those off.
hate to tell you but a small flat head screwdriver will take them off. i did it a few weeks ago taking apart an electric heater to fix it. also, the local parts store has those bits in stock. they come in a little kit with torxs, allen, square, and normal screwdriver bits for about $20.

·
Super Moderator
10,778 Posts
The screws are course thread as they go into nylon inserts.

Clint

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
Whatever you do it will only stop an honest person in my experience.
Someone determined enough and given enough time will be able to take that off no matter how you secure it.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
i personally havent heard of any license plate cams being stolen. personally, i wouldnt worry about it.

·
Super Moderator
10,778 Posts
I was at Pep Boys today. They sell those screws, both in course and fine threads in four packs with the wrench. They are only $3.99 a set.

Clint

·
Registered
146 Posts
go to harbor freight i got a 40 pc set for like 8 bucks i use those alot doin elec.

·
Registered
704 Posts
:itsfriday:you could try some long bolts,(fab up something that will go thru the inserts)
with nuts.
i had a ford ranger with some factory roll bars they put 6" carrage bolts on it ..
there where 16 of them ,it took me 2 hours to remove them,(maybe 4 long bolts with nuts on your plate)what i am getting at is if anyone wants to try to steal it and get it in one piece it will take them an extended amount of time,other than grab and go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts