Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Pro-4X
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

I got my torx set out and laid myself on the freezing ground trying to get these steps off of my side rails and haven’t had any luck. One of bits seems to fit but constantly slipped out so I gave up. Think I might have been large by one size.

Anyone know the exact size of these? Edit* it’s T40.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Those steps do collect giant salty ice monsters when you're out there driving in winter time crap. My 2022 S model came with them.

·
Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
1,232 Posts
I've never seen an "S" model with pro4x style step rails.
I’ve got em on my ‘21 SV, so why not? They’re not exclusively “Pro-4x step rails”. They fit em all.

For what it’s worth, I didn’t have any trouble getting the actual steps off. Some of the bolts weren’t even finger tight out of the box

·
Registered
2022 Pro-4X
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I took mine off and it required a metric hex key instead of a Torx.
Oh man it was a bit dark but tell me my eyes aren’t that bad lmao. I’ll check again tomorrow but I’m pretty certain mine are in there with torx.

Those suckers are in there tight too. Im gonna get a bit of the correct size and go at them with my 18v drill.

·
Registered
2022 Pro-4X
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For anyone who stumbles on the thread needing info the correct torx bit size to remove the steps is T40.

I was having trouble because I had a cheap bit. I stopped and got a new set and it made quick work of getting the steps off. A few of the threads had light rust so I hit them with some aerosol chain lube.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts