Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haul a dirt bike in the back of my KC and would like to find something like THIS for the Frontier. I searched here but did not find anything. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Figure out the angle you want and measure the distance and get a piece of aluminum for each side and drill out holes so you can bolt it on, or use a cotter pin.

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,273 Posts
It appears that when using that type of item it's holding the gate almost in position to remove the gate which is why mine has 2 thick zip ties so it never can pop out.
Why not just use a bed extender? It fits around the tire and retains the ramps from falling out and straps to the latches to keep it and the gate from moving over bumps as well.

Clint

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My truck does not have the utilitrack. Thanks!

It appears that when using that type of item it's holding the gate almost in position to remove the gate which is why mine has 2 thick zip ties so it never can pop out.
Why not just use a bed extender? It fits around the tire and retains the ramps from falling out and straps to the latches to keep it and the gate from moving over bumps as well.

Clint

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
If you unsnap both tailgate support cables from their bolts on the back of the bed - and then slip them over the tailgate latch striker bolts instead - You'll have a tailgate that rests at a slight upward angle.

It's great for hauling long pieces of lumber or pipe.

(Just be sure to reattach the support cables to their original bolts before attempting to slam the tailgate shut!
)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts