Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I have to really slam my tailgate to get it to close. I have seen the posts on the hinges - I don't believe my are bent, I really don't haul anything. What I did notice is the piece of plastic on the RH striker is worn. Is there suppose to be a piece of plastic on the LH striker? I don't have one there at all. Any thoughts? I did hit the latches with some WD40.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota 4runner TRDOR
4,593 Posts
I would say probably. I usually pull the handle on my gen 1 when closing it.

I would try something more along the lines of a thin coat of heavy grease. a graphite will not attract the dust, but will probably wash off pretty quickly with rain.

·
Super Moderator
12,392 Posts
Both sides should be the same.

Clint

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
My bed cover fits tightly against my tailgate cap and this makes it a little more difficult to close. you might check your tonneau cover to make sure it is not interfering with your tailgate.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2 new strikers installed under warranty and a little red spray grease, gate closes extremely easy

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can't, I looked into that

·
Super Moderator
12,392 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Anyone happen to have the part numbers for the striker bolts?

Im having the same issue, my hinges were badly deformed, so while i was able to still close my tailgate, Like the OP, my striker bolts have worn down on the top where the latch made contact, and now there is a lot of play in the tailgate when close.

I havent had any luck trying to find the part number to have em replaced.

cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
second gen Nissan part number for the tailgate striker bolts is
90570-ZP50A

Reactions: Classick

·
Registered
631 Posts
well it predictably happened... the hinge broke... Fortunately i was able to hammer the hinge closed long enough to make the 3 hr trip with a full truck bed without issue.

The part im pointing to actually split open, and the cup that receives the post on the tailgate side was ripped from the truck bed side.

Now i need to replace this bent part on the truck side
Part No.: 93471-ZP51B

as you can see, i already have the beefier gen 3 part on the tailgate side

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.