Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short and a few beers later, my friend broke my tailgate handle off my tailgate and now it must be replaced. I ordered the part and went to take a look at the tailgate and don't think the picture matches up to what I have.. Has anyone had to replace their handle before? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Long story short and a few beers later, my friend broke my tailgate handle off my tailgate and now it must be replaced. I ordered the part and went to take a look at the tailgate and don't think the picture matches up to what I have.. Has anyone had to replace their handle before? Thanks.
I posted this at some point... You ordered the one from a 00 frontier correct? The handle itself is the same part.. Its the rest of the housing that is wrong... You will have to get the handle free from the housing on the new piece by whatever means necessary. Then use more care with the OEM housing... There are little C clips in there that will have to be removed.. just swap out the handle.. Worked on mine... I have pictures I think.. Let me know if you need them.. I think the biggest PITA was getting the plastic piece off the tailgate.. You really have to pry on it and I ended up having to use some JBweld to reinstall..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That makes sense to do that. Ill give it a try when the part comes and see what happens. Thanks for your help, ill let you know if I need some pictures to go along with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.