Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again everyone!

So I have seen a few pictures on the interweb of our trucks with a tailgate handle that doesn't have a badge on it but only the word Nissan on it and i can't find it for the life of me so im wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. Ill add a picture so everyone knows what i am talking about.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
I like that a lot so I'd be interested too.

BTW, these are still one of the best-looking small trucks there is, even after all these years. Something about the lines of the 1st-Gen that have always appealed to me.

·
Premium Member
6,070 Posts
Dang, if only Nissan offered THAT green in '15...I'd be driving even more proudly.
Handsome truck!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've seen them on the street from time to time. I think it was the standard on the 2001, and the badged variant came out with the 2002. This site shows the different Frontiers by year, color and trim. I see a lot of the 01's with that same handle. I might be wrong, but maybe it sets you in the right direction.

2001 Nissan Frontier Colors | GTCarLot.com - Car Color Galleries

And I absolutely love that color! It would have been my first choice for mine had it been available.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
My 2001 has that style tailgate handle.

If they started the Nissan logo in 2002 then 01 would be the only year with "Nissan" since 98-00 had the different style tailgate.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys!
Hertz is there anyway for you to get a part # just not having a whole lot of luck when narrowing it down to 2001 frontiers.

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
I believe they used this during the 7/2000-7/2001 production and was part #90606-9Z400. It got discontinued and replaced by the later, #90606-8Z400, which has the badge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts