Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been searching...cant seem to find anything. Is there a company that makes a tailgate assist for our 1st gen. I can only find it for the second gens. Will to mod if anyone has some info. Thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the only aftermarket one I have ever seen that actually assist you in the lifting. Looks pretty simple. And cheap too.

The Titan tailgate has a factory assist, no one that I know has adapted it to a Frontier (any year).

https://www.etrailer.com/Tailgate/Hopkins/74211.html

Thanks for the info. That looks pretty good as well. Contacted dee zee and they definitely dont make a kit for the first gen.

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Drill 2 holes and stuff a bent bar in. How hard can it be.

I need to replace the hinges on my tailgate. When I do I might try to install this. I already have the EZ down. But I want EZ up too.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drill 2 holes and stuff a bent bar in. How hard can it be.

I need to replace the hinges on my tailgate. When I do I might try to install this. I already have the EZ down. But I want EZ up too.

Lol...only problem for me is shipping that bar to hawaii is probably gonna be triple the price. Those dee zee struts probably would have been cheaper to ship. Ohh wells. Thanks again

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Lol...only problem for me is shipping that bar to hawaii is probably gonna be triple the price. Those dee zee struts probably would have been cheaper to ship. Ohh wells. Thanks again
THe Dee zee strut does nothing for lifting though. I have one. I bought it so that I kids can open the tailgate without it dropping on their heads.

The e-trailer site has a shipping calculator. For 96701/4 is shows to be ~$35.

More than the bar is worth. However they have free shipping for orders over $99. You probably need a new trailer hitch any how.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THe Dee zee strut does nothing for lifting though. I have one. I bought it so that I kids can open the tailgate without it dropping on their heads.

The e-trailer site has a shipping calculator. For 96701/4 is shows to be ~$35.

More than the bar is worth. However they have free shipping for orders over $99. You probably need a new trailer hitch any how.

Good call lol. But even when it says free shipping. It doesnt apply. Ive been hit with that many a times.

·
Registered
774 Posts
The tailgate is pretty light and easy to lift as it is, IMHO.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I suspect the portion of the bar that sticks into the tailgate is loose inside. I wonder if a rear sway bar from a small car will work? 3/8" is small for a sway bar. Just wondering. The price isn't bad for something as clever as that assist.

Tt

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,372 Posts
The EZ Down for the 2nd Gens will work on 1st Gens with a lil modification.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts