Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Read Only
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

Havent posted much in here since buying my truck a few years ago. The other day, i noticed my center console lights were out, then noticed tails and license plate lights. So i obviously thought i had a burnt bulb or bad fuse. Well after poking and proding for the last two days and doing many searches on here i still cant get my lights back on. I am getting no power to my tail lights at all. Brake lights, turn signal, reverse etc all work, and no other problems then listed.

Things ive tried-

Switched out relevant fuses just in case
Put in new tail light bulbs
Looked under the truck a bit for exposed wiring...
Disconnected battery
disconnected the nissan wiring jumper in the passenger footwell, and disconnected my 7pin trailer harness under the rear of truck.

About the truck, I did add a shrockworks bumper which has some halogen reverse lights and spliced in license plate lights. My reverse lights work, they grab signal from the rear harness and go to a relay under the dash. Does anyone know if having the dash lights out, mean that the wiring problem has to be up near the dash? Or if you disconnect a tail light bulb, the dash still goes out? I guess how does this dummy console light system work? I know for a fact that my tail light "Grey" wire isnt getting power.

Also does anyone know of any relays to check or any other problem areas?

·
Read Only
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update: Fuse under hood labeled TAIL and also the Illumination fuse have no voltage at either post....

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
update: Fuse under hood labeled TAIL and also the Illumination fuse have no voltage at either post....
I just saw this, and yes dash cluster and tail lights/parking lights are on the same circuit. My daughter just had such TAIL fuse blow on her 1998 Pathfinder (turned out to be a bad wire).

If the TAIL fuse looks OK/tests OK with ohmmeter, and there is no positive power to its "hot" side when the key is switched on, then check between the battery and that fuse, may be a fusible link in the path to that.

·
Read Only
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes i did switch both of these fuses out, any leads on fusable links for this circuit between battery and fuse box?

·
Registered
3,050 Posts

·
Read Only
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks for the link, currently looking through the "PG" section, trying to find what im looking for, no luck yet.

Truck is a 09 Pro 4x, Made an appt for Monday, so i have most of the weekend to hopefully figure this out before then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts