Nissan Frontier Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I like the post that says "tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick..." Not that our trucks don't tick a bit too:)
LOL! I stoped counting at 15 members that said that. Mine does not do that, that would drive me nuts! Mine does other things to make me crazy! LOL

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
I don't see some of these things you guys are asking for. Do any trucks have dimming side mirrors? I would hate to rip one of those off ($$).
my fathers silverado has them

The one thing i would like to have is a cherokee, not saying I would trade my truck for it, but if given any opportunity i would get 1

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
How did know one read the thread that I found? It's all the dirt on toco's.

The thing that I got fom it is this, We have better thought out lay out. Better arm rest position, dash is in the correct place, and so on. But we break stuff more often then the tacos do. IMO. READ THIS!

What do you DISLIKE about your Tacoma? - Tacoma World Forums
I read it and there are a lot of complaints about design stuff, but there was very few if any complaints about stuff actually failing like timing chain guides, rear ends, tensioners, etc.. I would rather have problems with rear leafs sagging or a cloth center consule than shelling out $2k after warranty for timing chain guides.

That being said, I really like my 09', but wonder if its going to hold up. Oh well, still have 4 yrs and 9 months / 58k left on the powertrain warranty not to mention the bumper to bumper.

It sounds like the 1st gen Taco's were built the best out of anything. I tried looking for a double cab 4x4, but they are few and far between. If you can locate one they are expensive as hell, at least a few grand above high KBB, good luck getting a loan! One in particular that I saw was an 04 with 50k with an asking price of $22K!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I read it and there are a lot of complaints about design stuff, but there was very few if any complaints about stuff actually failing like timing chain guides, rear ends, tensioners, etc.. I would rather have problems with rear leafs sagging or a cloth center consule than shelling out $2k after warranty for timing chain guides.

That being said, I really like my 09', but wonder if its going to hold up. Oh well, still have 4 yrs and 9 months / 58k left on the powertrain warranty not to mention the bumper to bumper.

It sounds like the 1st gen Taco's were built the best out of anything. I tried looking for a double cab 4x4, but they are few and far between. If you can locate one they are expensive as hell, at least a few grand above high KBB, good luck getting a loan! One in particular that I saw was an 04 with 50k with an asking price of $22K!
I agree with you, but the draw back to them is...it can't be fixed. That sucks. But so does paying $22K! This is why I was at the Toyopta dealer eailier this week.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Before I start my rant, I will answer the very first question about Nissan going bankrupt. They never actaully went bankrupt, but were very close. Read the book "SHIFT" It's about Carlos Ghosn saving the company.

Now... The rant.

I wanted to reply to so many of their comments that I almost made a profile just so I could give them some words of wisdom. First qustion I have, are any of the Nissan guys that posted over there members here? Next thing, I don't think that any of the guys over there know what they are talking about, exept those who own frontiers, and were usually defending them. Next, the pic of the wheeling fronty over there with the bumper pulled back. One of the taco guys that was talking **** said, "what, it pulled your bumper off?" Obviosly that bumper got hung up and pulled back a little, if that same branch or whatever hung up on a tacos fiberglass... It would disinigrate. There are a couple things that I had to agree with, like all things we have pros and cons too. The one that really got me though was the one that said the think about the window switch... We may have a "loose" switch (I have never noticed), and they can get there window down easier, but the bottom of their window is at their neck!

Over all, I have always prefered Nissan and Always will.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
^ LOL! So funny! I thought all of thoes same things. I do have a profile over there, May be I should stir the pot a little?

·
Registered
236 Posts
hahahah i figured you guys had found that post over there with the random frontier screen names.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
How did know one read the thread that I found? It's all the dirt on toco's.

The thing that I got fom it is this, We have better thought out lay out. Better arm rest position, dash is in the correct place, and so on. But we break stuff more often then the tacos do. IMO. READ THIS!

What do you DISLIKE about your Tacoma? - Tacoma World Forums
So, is there a similar thread here (about the Frontier I mean)? Not that I'm about to change my mind on my choice. Necessity is the mother of invention though. Maybe there are some common gripes folks have about their Frontier that could lead to someone coming up with a new fix/mod for. At the very least it might give Nissan some feedback. Suppose they have someone on staff who reads this forum?

There sure are some fierce loyalties, here and there. I hate to admit it, but for me the decision really came down to pricing. For a similar build, the Toyota would have been several thousand more, with a few less options. Toyota has a slight edge in CR reliability ratings, but certainly not enough to justify that much price difference. Couple of other factors that played in my recent decision... I can't convince myself that the Tacoma's composite box is a good idea, and the utili-track system in the Frontier is awesome.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
i have something that i think explains the situation clearly...

tacos arent bad but they are every where. here is my buddies that i wheel with

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Before I start my rant, I will answer the very first question about Nissan going bankrupt. They never actaully went bankrupt, but were very close. Read the book "SHIFT" It's about Carlos Ghosn saving the company.

Now... The rant.

I wanted to reply to so many of their comments that I almost made a profile just so I could give them some words of wisdom. First qustion I have, are any of the Nissan guys that posted over there members here? Next thing, I don't think that any of the guys over there know what they are talking about, exept those who own frontiers, and were usually defending them. Next, the pic of the wheeling fronty over there with the bumper pulled back. One of the taco guys that was talking **** said, "what, it pulled your bumper off?" Obviosly that bumper got hung up and pulled back a little, if that same branch or whatever hung up on a tacos fiberglass... It would disinigrate. There are a couple things that I had to agree with, like all things we have pros and cons too. The one that really got me though was the one that said the think about the window switch... We may have a "loose" switch (I have never noticed), and they can get there window down easier, but the bottom of their window is at their neck!

Over all, I have always prefered Nissan and Always will.

HAHAHAHA dude you should post that over there just to get their feather ruffled up a bit. but yeah they do act like their tacomas are the sh*t and nothing else can compare. i like tacomas its just i like FRONTIERS MORE!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have owned both. I had a 02 crew cab Tacoma and loved it. Great truck the only reason I got rid of it is because somebody hit me and it was never the same after I got it out of the body shop. That being said I looked at the 2nd gen Taco's and the 2nd gen Fronty's and noticed that Nissan is really putting quality workman ship into their trucks ( in my opinion more now than previous years ) while Toyota is going in the opposite direction. Toyota is starting to cut too many corners and it shows.

·
Registered
578 Posts
toyotas and nissans are both really good trucks and if toyota owners wanna talk smack im fine with that but if i hear anyone say that their ranger or colorodo or dakota is better than my frontier i might actually get pissed

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
toyotas and nissans are both really good trucks and if toyota owners wanna talk smack im fine with that but if i hear anyone say that their ranger or colorodo or dakota is better than my frontier i might actually get pissed
My buddy from school always tells me his Dakota is a better truck than my frontier, which really pisses me off lol He doesn't have much to say when he has to call me to come get him off the side of the road when it breaks down(which has been at least 4 times in the past year)

·
Registered
578 Posts
My buddy from school always tells me his Dakota is a better truck than my frontier, which really pisses me off lol He doesn't have much to say when he has to call me to come get him off the side of the road when it breaks down(which has been at least 4 times in the past year)
exactly and people say that they are better in the mud which is bs cuz they have horrible clearence and theyre gearing is horrible my dad likes to brag about his ford but he got it stuck 5 times last deer season i had a tacoma and i got it stuck once and that was because i tried to drive through a swamp and thats the only time i would have been stuck if i had my frontier

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Well the question is, are you happy? Is it better for us to have mechanical issues and them have bad lay out issues? Whos better off. I'm still one the fence but if I HAD to take a side right now, I would lean to the Nissan only because are problems can be fixed. If you dont like how the dash is layed out in your Toyota, well theres not a whole lot you can do about that, Ya know?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I like both trucks. My bro-in-law has an 05 taco, and his rear springs are shot...it rides on the bump stops...and has since it was 4 months old. Toyota wouldn't cover it, they said it was "operator error that caused it". now his lattest problem is that he cant get it out of 4 low. It took him an hour last time he tried. The only problem I've had is my TPMS had to be recalabrated. Last month our whole famliy took a trip to Lagoon (UT) from Boise ID. In the convoy was my 07 fronty, bros 05 taco, father-in-laws 04 fronty, and sister-in-law suburu. I was the only one that did not have to gas up on the way down.. about 370 miles. the new fronts can go almost 400 miles on a tank! Thats amazing.

On a side note, my 6speed kills his 6 speed. lets just say I can drive away from him.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I like how this is titled. Seems like the same perspective as always....................My Tacoma is better, because I drive one.:comphead:

41 - 60 of 67 Posts