Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have way too much time on my hands today. Found this on Tacoma World (look over there sometimes to see what kind of "issues" the newer Tacoma's have).

Anyway, came across this Thread. Is post #32 correct? Did Nissan almost really go into bancruptcy in 99' and have to team up with Renault?

Why is your Toyota better than my Nissan? - Tacoma World Forums

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you are complaining about a window switch cover maybe you should think about not driving a truck. Just my opinion.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
If you are complaining about a window switch cover maybe you should think about not driving a truck. Just my opinion.
That dude is ridiculous. Even when you have Toyota owners defending the quality of a frontier. This loser decides to stay on it. Its funny actually because while he is complaining about our switch's. I think he needs to look in his bed and compare that important part of a truck to what we have. We are miles ahead in that sense. Im sorry but their beds even for the top of the line models looks like what the XE's have from the factory. Thats sad when your paying over 28k for a midsize truck.

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
My Friend has an 09' taco, he traded in a fairly new civic and still payed over 30 large for it. I mean its nice but by no means is it a midsize. He took it on some trails with me but he is longer and wider, and didnt seem like it performed as well. Dont get me wrong i would love to drive his truck, especially on long drives (quite spacious) but I love the frontie and alot of people have preffered my truck over his.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
My Friend has an 09' taco, he traded in a fairly new civic and still payed over 30 large for it. I mean its nice but by no means is it a midsize. He took it on some trails with me but he is longer and wider, and didnt seem like it performed as well. Dont get me wrong i would love to drive his truck, especially on long drives (quite spacious) but I love the frontie and alot of people have preffered my truck over his.
They even though they are classified as midsized. They are not by any means.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
well i read some on the thread and some guys said the taco felt more power then frontier, to me that is bogus, i've killed other trucks in a heart beat with my lift and tires. And i also drove a 09 those trd extremes or whatever sports truck and it wouldn't have a chance.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did like the comment on how Nissan is platform selling to Suzuki for the Equator as Nissan is getting out of the truck market. This is how the evil internet rumors start.

So Ford must still be getting out of the truck market for selling the Ranger platform to Mazda for the past 15 years...

Toyota is getting out of the compact car market for selling the corolla/matrix platform to Pontiac for the Vibe...

:comphead:

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
well i read some on the thread and some guys said the taco felt more power then frontier, to me that is bogus, i've killed other trucks in a heart beat with my lift and tires. And i also drove a 09 those trd extremes or whatever sports truck and it wouldn't have a chance.
It's because the Taco's are around 400 #'s lighter on account of the plastic rear :) It makes them slightly quicker in 0-60 runs.
However anybody who has a properly functioning butt dyno would tell you the Frontier has better torque and power in general.

In all honesty the only thing I am jealous of that Tacoma's have and Frontier's do not is the LED tail lights on the 09 Tacoma's.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
It's because the Taco's are around 400 #'s lighter on account of the plastic rear :) It makes them slightly quicker in 0-60 runs.
However anybody who has a properly functioning butt dyno would tell you the Frontier has better torque and power in general.

In all honesty the only thing I am jealous of that Tacoma's have and Frontier's do not is the LED tail lights on the 09 Tacoma's.
I've driven both and can say im very pleased with my choice. I think the only thing im jealous over what Tacoma owners have and we dont. Is the aftermarket support & expecially their gearing options. Thats about it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The only thing the Tacos have that I wish we had is the electrical outlet in the bed.

·
Registered
578 Posts
i have had both a 2000 tacoma and a 2000 frontier and they both have their weaknesses and strong points first i must say the toyota rear ends are sh** but they have better clearence and the clutch felt much more natural imo but the nissan has more torque and much better milege and ride but the i dont like the interior as much on the frontier as on the toyota because i fit in the toyota better and the toyota had a locker and manual locking hubs i liked the trucks about the same but i would never drive anything but a toyota or a nissan

·
Registered
430 Posts
The only thing the Tacos have that I wish we had is the electrical outlet in the bed.
I bought a DC-to-AC converter that plugs into the 12V auxiliary port. Does the same job. Just like the plug in the Tacoma though, it's limited to only a few hundred watts, so you can't use it to run power tools or anything with a heavy current draw.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
them guys on that site "think" they own the best and nissans are complete junk, i have read many thread on that site where all they do is bash nissan and the frontier, thats what kinda made me go against toyotas, not saying all toyota owners are complete d*cks but most of them are and have that "i got the best" attitude.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
them guys on that site "think" they own the best and nissans are complete junk, i have read many thread on that site where all they do is bash nissan and the frontier, thats what kinda made me go against toyotas, not saying all toyota owners are complete d*cks but most of them are and have that "i got the best" attitude.
it's just a team spirit thing really, a lot of us on here aren't that way because we just love motor vehicles.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
a buddy of mine has a 2wd taco. its a nice truck and i like it.
i have wheeled with all kinds of tacos including the newer ones and they performed well. the only thing i don't care for on the new tacos is the low gas tank.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Sheesh some of the toyota owners have bad attitudes. I like the tacos, I've driven a couple, but the frontier was cheaper and fit my tastes a bit more. Will I consider both toyota and nissan when I'm looking for a new truck in 2011/2012?...absolutely.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Since 04 I have had 3 Tacos. An 04, 06, 08. I now drive an 09 CC SE. I loved my 04 and would gladly buy one again, but I needed the space. The 06 drove like a dump truck, the drive shaft vibrated (I still have 2 of them in my shed if anyone is interested). The 08 got 16 mpg and all I had was 32's on it. I didn't lift it or touch anything with the rear end.
My only real beef with my 09 CC is that it has the turning radius of a bus.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts