Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the things I dislike most about the look of the Fronty is the grill. I just think it looks kinda cheesy. I saw these grills on Ebay, but they're not cheap and I believe they're for the Navara.

Anyone know where someone could get a grill like this for Frontier? Or have you bought one for Navara and had it work on Frontier?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've been debating trying to find a used grill and playing around with it to make something similar. If/when I get around to it, I'll put it up and see if it's your style to replicate.

·
Registered
481 Posts
For the 09+ there are no aftermarket grilles, just inserts. DIY or contact some grille manufacturers

·
Registered
91 Posts
Id love to find with with NISSAN instead of the logo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I, too, have been searching for an aftermarket grille. As stated by speed demon, options are limited.

I did find a website for a custom grille manufacturer (I'm new here, not sure if linking is allowed, but I believe the company is simply called custom car grilles).

They have a pre-cut grille insert for frontiers and then you can order custom letters. I tried giving them a call for more info but didn't hear back.

I'm thinking about giving it a shot (prices honestly aren't too bad), but if someone else beats me to it, feel free to let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I bought a Rigid Grill with a cutout for a 10" light bar. I think they are the best looking aftermarket grill available. You don't see them on many trucks because they are a bit pricey. I have yet to install mine but it cost me about $500 for the grill and the Rigid light bar. (You might have a hard time finding it for that price). Wish I had some time to install it but I have to many projects going.
40598-Nissan-Frontier_2009_2017_Grille_6.jpg
Rigid gril 1.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
King, try emailing the guy at custom car grilles, I had him custom make me some letters that say NISSAN in a Nissan font. I gave him an extra $20 to buy the font, but you shouldn't have to do that.
He was pretty responsive when I was emailing him, I'm sure he'd hook you up with some letters in the Nissan font for the regular price, the letters were 2.5" tall for my '06 grill. I still haven't put it on, but I painted them to match my paint.

·
Registered
132 Posts
That's one thing I liked about the Colorado, they have an OEM lettered grille available. It's standard on the pricier trucks, but it's an option even on the base model. Much nicer looking than the cheesy gold bowtie.

84431359.jpg

I don't bother much with customizing my vehicles anymore, but do have a friend with a machine shop. I might ask him what it would cost to fabricate something like that 3 piece mesh grille.

·
Registered
8 Posts
King, try emailing the guy at custom car grilles, I had him custom make me some letters that say NISSAN in a Nissan font. I gave him an extra $20 to buy the font, but you shouldn't have to do that.
He was pretty responsive when I was emailing him, I'm sure he'd hook you up with some letters in the Nissan font for the regular price, the letters were 2.5" tall for my '06 grill. I still haven't put it on, but I painted them to match my paint.
Thanks for the advice! Good to know someone has done it and had a good experience with them. I'll probably reach out here at the end of the week. In the meantime, If/when you get around to installing, I'd love to see some photos to see how they came out!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Thanks for the advice! Good to know someone has done it and had a good experience with them. I'll probably reach out here at the end of the week. In the meantime, If/when you get around to installing, I'd love to see some photos to see how they came out!
The guy over at customcargrills.com is Matt. [email protected]. He’s got a full set of grill inserts and has been working on lower grill pieces for 05+.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Went ahead and ordered and installed the set from custom car grills. Install was kind of a pain..but I think it came out alright. I painted the letters black...but may eventually wrap them in a reflective vinyl or something. They don't stand out as much as I'd like. Thought about leaving them silver...but they were pretty scuffed up out of the box. These are the 2.5 inch letters- the largest you can do for the center piece of the grill, according to Matt.

Before:

20190909_114237.jpg

Package contents:

Post-install:

Overall I'm pretty happy with it. Need to re-install the lights I had on the old one and may also include the couple extra lights that I have and put them behind the grill for a backglow effect. Also may re-work the lettering. Again, install was kind of a pain, but I do think it may vary from year-to-year. My 2011 was pretty different on the inside of the grill than the one that was in the instruction video. But nonetheless, I got the idea.

Hope this helps you guys!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Grillcraft ...they are expensive but the powder coat on mine still looks like new.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Really like the color of the letters on yours skippy- I'm definitely going to repaint mine or maybe wrap them at some point so they stand out more like yours.

Finished re-installing the driving lights on mine.

Pics of lights:

There are two lights behind the grill as well...though I'm not sure they are give the backlight effect I was going for. May make some more adjustments.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
10 Participants
King7Cujo
Nissan Frontier Forum
Welcome to our Nissan Frontier Forum! A premier community to share your mods and builds. Chat with like-minded Frontier owners.
Full Forum Listing