1 - 20 of 227 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Frontier SE

Mods:

Front Suspension:

PRG/Mazzulla Long Travel (5.5" +, fully TIG welded) - soon to be rebuilt race ready
- currently cycles 17"
- 10" Fox Dual Rate Coilovers (8" SwayAway's Pictured)
- 10" Fox Triple Bypasses (not yet installed)
- CST Spindles
- fabricated shock hoops with engine brace (soon to be replaced with engine cage)

To allow for full travel
- clearanced core support

- moved everything in the engine bay up 3"

- battery relocated to the bed

Rear Suspension:
Custom Giant 64" Race Kit (Spring Under Axle Conversion).
*Requires minimum of 6" wider axle

- 10 3/4 up travel
- 11" down travel

7" Shackles/Rear Hanger

Front Hanger

Bash plates and whatnot..

Exterior:
No bumpers at all...it's classy.
Custom Fiberwerx One Piece Clip (6" + Titan Conversion)
* Requires Titan headlights and custom fabrication to install

Fiberwerx Trophy Style bedsides (6" +)

Drivetrain:
Bone stock Vq40 (currently lookign for 07' + VK56 if anyone has one:) )
Titan Rear Axle
- 4:11 Dodge Viper Gears
- Detroit TruTrac (modified for custom gears)
- custom machined hub centric flanges
- converted to Frontier 6x4.5 lug pattern
- aluminum finned diff cover
- modified rear pinion to accept 6 bolt drive shaft

Tires & Wheels
- 17" Walker Evans Beadlocks
- 35x12.5" General Grabber Race tires

In Progress:
- Cage front to rear
- Add Necessary Race Legal items (seats, air, quick release steering, nets, fuel cell)
- New Upper Arm (frame mount upper arms)
- New Spindle
- V8 Swap
- on board shower
- BUMPERS

·
Premium Member
12,133 Posts
*Requires minimum of 6" wider axle??

i didnt think the titan axle was that much wider? what gives:)?
with the cage, and the direction your fuel cell battery is heading, do i see your bed vanishing?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
what are the plans for the front bumper?

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
*Requires minimum of 6" wider axle??

i didnt think the titan axle was that much wider? what gives:)?
with the cage, and the direction your fuel cell battery is heading, do i see your bed vanishing?
I may re-build a bed with sheet metal; but I will always have some sort of bed. I carry too much crap to not have one; anytime I go to the desert I have 2 dirt bikes and a butt load of camping gear. I regularly surf and kayak as well, so I have to keep some sort of platform back there. Building a desert truck that is still used as a truck is somewhat of a task.

And correct; the Titan axle is 3" wider per side for a total of 6" overall. I actually don't have the pins in my springs right now because I need about another inch of width on each side. But I am having the 9" built about 1.5" wider than the Titan axle to get a better ratio between the front and rear.

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
this truck is amazing. on board shower???
Correct; as mentioned I am an avid surfer as well as various other beach/desert activities. It is a fairly simple addition that will yield great benefits...The added weight from the water tank will help suspension performance which is the biggest one for me. Being able to wash my hands, rinse my boards off, keep my wheels shiny, and so on are just added bonuses.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
does the front clip open like a semis?

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I love your truck, definitely one of my frontiers :)

Anything done to the inside? Cage, suspension seats, anything like that?
Not yet; I am finishing up all of the suspension work first and gathering other parts along the way. After the suspension is mounted I plan on adding the cab cage and tying in the front and rear cages.

Plan is to have 3 race seats; one back seat will mounted in the center so they can actually see. GPS, Radio, Air Suppression, Fire Extinguisher, First Aid Kit, and cooler will all be mounted in the cab.

Amazing... So what are you going to have for sale on the front suspension? If I read correctly 8" SwayAway's, CST Spindles and possibly salvage the shock hoops? I have to get a better setup. My ride quality is ***...
Everything has already been sold. If by chance anything changes I'll let you know:)

does the front clip open like a semis?
It depends on how you mount it. Mine is mounted so I undo two latches, pull two retainer clips, then remove the entire clip.

If you mounted the headlights on a hinge you would be able to just turn the hood down without removing it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
hope i dont get chewed out by this question.... but how did u mount your leaf springs under. i have seen a couple of tacos like that

·
Registered
218 Posts
oh okay i see thanks mustard, is it possible to do it with a frontier axle, just curious since he has the titan one. i still dont see how it mounts up though since the plate to mount it on top faces upward.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
oh okay i see thanks mustard, is it possible to do it with a frontier axle, just curious since he has the titan one. i still dont see how it mounts up though since the plate to mount it on top faces upward.
his are out side of the frame rail like the titans, so you need a wider axle. If you want to mount it under the axle and get the most travel you mount it like this one

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
small update; hopefully surgery begins early next week and there will be more.

Guitar for size reference

Oh, and FIY; I am pissed...there were absolutely no Fox bypass shocks available in all of San Diego county; so I had to cheap(I use the term lightly) out and get the smooth bodies for now.

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Small update; bed and body mounts are gone, 8" shackles are mounted, and the leafs are apart for cycling to figure out the upper shock mounts first. Should be a few more days for the rest of the stock crap to be cut off and the majority of the rear cage should be laid out.

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
I thought you were going to keep your bed? Cant wait to see progress pics

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I originally planned on keeping the bed, but after a lot of thought and various designs I realized I couldn't' keep it. I have some ideas though, so there will be some usable space.

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Slowly coming along...but I am stoked; I cut and notched each support tube and tac'd them up myself. I am a web developer by profession, and this was my first time ever playing with metal. Got to try a little TIG welding too, and I have so much more of an appreciation for those pretty welds I see coming out of high end shops.

·
Registered
218 Posts
its coming along pretty sweet. what size shocks are u going to run

1 - 20 of 227 Posts