Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done the search but hoping for advise on my vehicle. I am thinking about switching to a synthetic Blend motor oil and want to know what you think. I have been using regular motor oil since new and have had no problems (leaks, burning, etc) Would it be worth the change on a truck with 80,000 miles?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I have done the search but hoping for advise on my vehicle. I am thinking about switching to a synthetic Blend motor oil and want to know what you think. I have been using regular motor oil since new and have had no problems (leaks, burning, etc) Would it be worth the change on a truck with 80,000 miles?

Thanks in advance!
I have an 06 with 60k and just recently switched to full synthetic. What I did was change the oil at a normal interval with regular oil, and then about 1500 miles into that one, switched it out to mobile 1. I have had zero adverse effects and the truck actually feels smoother to me.

Not sure if what I did makes a difference but as long as you have kept up with regular oil/filter changes, you should be okay.

·
Registered
50 Posts
switched to synthetic at around 90k with no leaks or burning

I would recommend changing from the performance standpoint. Smoother and no decrease in performance near the end of oil change interval. 2x the price but 2x the life, just get a filter which can handle the grit

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
might as well go full synthetic, don't think i've heard of anyone having problems with making the switch, there were a few examples above. just keep an eye on everything and get a good filter. not sure what your oil looks like by the end of your oil change interval but mine oil level has generally not changed from day one and never has looked totally black or dirty on the dip stick even at 5k+ miles. i think you'll be happy with the results of the switch

·
Registered
704 Posts
full synth change every 7000. thats like twice a year(depends on you)
mobil 1,castrol etc just a few popular brands/then theres ams$$$$$

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I have an 06 with 60k and just recently switched to full synthetic. What I did was change the oil at a normal interval with regular oil, and then about 1500 miles into that one, switched it out to mobile 1. I have had zero adverse effects and the truck actually feels smoother to me.

Not sure if what I did makes a difference but as long as you have kept up with regular oil/filter changes, you should be okay.
I think I will take your advise. I just did a regular oil change about 1000 miles ago. That will give me something to do this weekend.:)
What grade would be recommended and what brand of filter?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Got 68K on mine. Started M1 at 3K. I sent my oil to Black Stone at 59K and they all was fine and I could go even further than 5K intervals between oil changes. But I will stay at 5K between changes.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
i go back and forth from dino oil to synthetic with my 2006 with 71k miles. I've had the truck since brand new and no leaks or problems. I use whatever is on sale...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts