Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
So I finally got around to mounting my switches and CB. Plus a few other pics. Hopefully this Google Photo Album link works.

https://goo.gl/photos/Vfe4ygM8tU8YsAzN8

I am just amazed right now! You did such a spectacular job that it looks like those switches were original to the Fronty. Did you pull those switches out from a Xterra? (that is what it looks like). I really like what you did man!::grin::::wink::::smile::

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am just amazed right now! You did such a spectacular job that it looks like those switches were original to the Fronty. Did you pull those switches out from a Xterra? (that is what it looks like). I really like what you did man!::grin::::wink::::smile::

Thanks

Nope. I bought them from some website. The Switch Guys I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts
Nice job with the switches and CB mounting

Though my OCD would go nuts at the wiring under the hood LOL

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is still a WIP. I haven't wired all the relays out so it is just bundled and zip tied for now. once I get that squared away we will shrink it all up and make it disappear.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Thanks for posting the link to those pics
I had the same idea to cut and mount the CB like that.....

How did you cut the hole in the plastic for the CB?
Dremel with small cutting wheel?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for posting the link to those pics
I had the same idea to cut and mount the CB like that.....

How did you cut the hole in the plastic for the CB?
Dremel with small cutting wheel?

Thanks in advance

I used a small "diamond" wheel from harbor freight in my dremel

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So what do all those switches control?

Right now I have one set of lights mounted on the cap. Blue 1

Plans are for the driving lights I'm mounting on the Shrockworks bumper that's in order. Blue 2

Then a set of leds in the bed Green 1.

a set of rear facing lights for camping. Blue 3

Fuel transfer pump for spare gas tank getting mounted in half the space from spare. Red 1

Then the last on will power the pump for a potable water tank in the other half of the space from the spare. Green 2.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Nice job. Since I also have a BlueSea fuse block sitting on my desk waiting to be mounted in the same spot, where did you ground everything? Anything related to the under-the-hood wiring that you wish you knew before you started?

Also, @raine, since you have the same block in the same spot IIRC, same questions...

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts
Nice job. Since I also have a BlueSea fuse block sitting on my desk waiting to be mounted in the same spot, where did you ground everything? Anything related to the under-the-hood wiring that you wish you knew before you started?

Also, @raine, since you have the same block in the same spot IIRC, same questions...
I grounded my Blue Sea fuse block to a 10mm bolt on the right side wheel well just below where I have my PIAA relay mounted... get a flashlight and look straight down and it's there. Here's a pic of where the relay is, so you get an idea of where to look:

My ground cable comes out from the rear of the fuse block (towards the firewall), curves down and under the factory relay boxes, to the bolt. That took some work snaking the 4-ga wire down under there without removing any of the relay boxes.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I'm bolted to a ground bolt on the same place as Raine. I came out the back (firewall side) of the fuse box and routes to the fender side of the existing relays up towards the battery. The bolt is straight down between the fuses and battery. Might have to push a wire or two around to see it.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Lights mounted on cap

Todd,

If you think of it.... can you explain how and what you used to install the lights on your Thule/Yakima tracks on your cap/topper/camper shell.
Specifically what you used inside the tracks to attach the lights.
Thanks in advance...
-Carl

Right now I have one set of lights mounted on the cap. Blue 1

Plans are for the driving lights I'm mounting on the Shrockworks bumper that's in order. Blue 2

Then a set of leds in the bed Green 1.

a set of rear facing lights for camping. Blue 3

Fuel transfer pump for spare gas tank getting mounted in half the space from spare. Red 1

Then the last on will power the pump for a potable water tank in the other half of the space from the spare. Green 2.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Todd,

If you think of it.... can you explain how and what you used to install the lights on your Thule/Yakima tracks on your cap/topper/camper shell.

Thanks in advance...

-Carl

I had some extra aluminum threaded blocks from a Cherokee roof rack. I ground them down to fit in the slot. Thickness was spot on just a little too wide. The Phillips screws came out of my spare screws jar.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Todd,

Thanks in advance...
-Carl
The head of a 5/16 carriage bolt will slide right in the track if Yakima rails. Don't know about other makes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts